Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ALL POSITIONS UNTIL OCTOBER 1, 2020.
- Full Time
Receptionist for Student Health Services and the clinic. Provides administrative support to the nurse and physicians. Receives, tracks, records, and maintains student medical assessment and immunization forms.
- Welcomes patients and visitors in person or on the telephone. Answers non-medical related questions and refers inquiries as needed. Refers all medical questions/calls to the nurse.
- Checking students in/out to see the nurse or physician. Notify nurse when students arrive for medical attention. Pulling charts/files for the nurse or physicians. Providing over-the-counter meds to students as directed by the nurse or physician.
- Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records. Responsible for filing, storing and archiving all current and non-current medical records according to university policy.
- Protect patients' rights by maintaining confidentiality of medical, personal and financial information. Maintain FERPA and HIPAA regulations.
- Maintains confidentiality in all matters related to student files/records and the operation of the Student Health Services office.
- Receives all student records. Enters data from medical assessments and immunization forms. Sorts and organizes any forms requiring the nurse's assessment. When necessary, generates follow up letters, emails and phone calls to students regarding missing information, forms and immunization records.
- Maintain a professional medical office environment by keeping the office and clinic, clean, sanitized, and organized. Maintain a positive and professional office atmosphere.
- Maintain business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies, verifying receipt of supplies and scheduling equipment service and repairs.
- Cash handling and credit/debit/Eagle Buck transactions as necessary. Obtains revenue by recording and updating financial information. Generate daily reconciliation reports, sales tax reports, monthly reports, customer survey reports, etc.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures.
- Performs other job related functions as needed or assigned by supervisor.
Requires a High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of two years clerical experience with exposure to the medical profession preferred.
- Requires typing of at least 30 WPM with accuracy.
- Cash handling experience preferred.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism
- Must have computer skills such as Excel and Word and be able to use a printer, scanner, and fax machine.
- Excellent customer service, written, mathematical, verbal, phone, and interpersonal skills a must.
- Must be able to work under stress and handle situations dealing with upset individuals.
- Must be able to make quick decisions, prioritize, organize, and multitask.
- Must have the ability to adjust from one assignment to another when needed.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality of information.
- Maintains compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policy and its procedures. Must be in compliance with protected health information as mandated by HIPPA and/or ORU policy and procedures
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS will include but not be limited to: sitting, standing, stooping, walking, repetitive motions while using computer, and minimal lifting weighing 25 lbs. or less. Requires good hearing, near and far vision.This is a medical office environment; therefore, there is exposure to sick students.
HOURS OF WORK & ATTENDANCE
Normal work hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. There may be a possibility of extra hours during peak times such as Registration.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.