Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ALL POSITIONS UNTIL OCTOBER 1, 2020.
- Full Time
Assists the Dean of Learning Resources in completing all their duties in the areas of responsibility; i.e., Learning Resources, Holy Spirit Research Center, and Archives. Assumes responsibility to complete assigned projects as well as perform job duties associated with this position.
- Assists the Dean in all activities, as requested. Initiates planning and preparing four budgets by researching needs for the next fiscal year and drafting and finalizing them for the Dean to submit to the Provost. Provides departmental budget information and monitors budgets to insure accuracy of posted items and current available funds.
- Answers phone calls for the Dean and represents the areas reporting to this office to the public, students, and staff with polite professionalism.
- Attends various meetings when requested by the Dean and takes minutes.
- In the absence of the Dean, act on their behalf to keep areas functioning and signs requisitions and other documents previously discussed with the Dean.
- Initiates, organizes, and maintains confidential personnel files for all library faculty and staff to include faculty contracts. Prepares requests for new hires and termination documents along with all other University required forms. Assists dean with annual reviews, as requested.
- Organizes and maintains all correspondence, including interoffice memos, letters, forms, and applications for which the area is responsible.
- Coordinates and schedules meetings, appointments, conferences between the Dean and faculty, staff, administration, students, and general public.
- Gathers various Library statistics for reporting, including those from patron visits.
- Prepares deposits of cash collected from Library fees, fines, etc.
- Monitors and maintains all student worker hours to ensure adequate funds are available for staffing in fall, spring, and summer.
- Acts as back-up for ILL lending position within the library.
- Organizes and plans luncheons for department.
EDUCATION: Requires a high school diploma or GED, some college coursework preferred.
EXPERIENCE/SKILLS/ABILITIES: Requires minimum of five years administrative/secretarial experience, excellent keyboarding skills, and computer experience to include Microsoft Word. Microsoft Excel and Power Point experience preferred. Ability to take minutes at meetings required. Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and multi-tasking skills are required. Must be able to prioritize multi-tasks in an office environment with frequent interruptions. Good customer service, interpersonal, mathematical, verbal, spelling, and grammar skills are essential. Must be able to handle all types of situations confidentially and diplomatically. Ability to meet people, work with students, faculty, and staff, and make sound decisions. Maintains a high level of confidentiality at all time regarding both student records and internally sensitive information.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS will include but not be limited to: sitting, standing, walking, crouching, stooping, bending, twisting of upper body, manual dexterity for operation of office machines/equipment, repetitive motion, and reaching. Vision to include: near, far, color, depth perception, field of vision, and visual accommodation.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.