Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ALL POSITIONS UNTIL MARCH 1, 2021.
- Full Time
In support of ORU's mission and aggressive growth goals, the Success Coach serves as a resource to residential undergraduate students to foster their success and persistence, particularly as they acclimate and navigate the systems and structures of the University.
- Establishes and builds relationships with assigned students as they enter the University. Serves as a consistent coach and resource to the these students throughout their academic careers through graduation, but particularly during their first year at the University.
- Meets or exceeds retention goals assigned by supervisor each semester.
- Assesses assigned students and becomes familiar with their personalities, motivations, strengths and struggles, coaching them in a manner that helps them to use their strengths to address their struggles and make targeted improvements in order to be successful at ORU.
- Tracks students' re-enrollment activity and degree progress and advises them as to course selection and timely degree completion.
- Assists dependent students' parents as needed, addressing concerns and promoting students' persistence.
- Makes students aware of academic and emotional support resources. Connects students directly with these resources whenever possible. Follows up to ensure students are set up to be successful. Assists students to grow in self efficacy.
- Engages in re-enrollment campaigns and assists students with processes related to their continued enrollment in the upcoming term.
- Utilizes CRM and technology tools to report, track and communicate with students. This involves sending and responding to student messages. Ensures that communication is accurate, professional and represents the University appropriately.
- Maintains current knowledge of University resources, policies and procedures in order to be able to provide guidance and direct students and parents appropriately.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in related field, such as: Education, Business, Coaching, Communication or Counseling.Prefer two years University related, exempt level experience. Must have a customer service mindset and excellent organizational skills. Must have previous experience with coaching and problem solving. Must be able to effectively communicate ORU's policies and procedures to parents and students verbally and in writing. Computer experience should include MS Word & Excel. Requires good grammar, punctuation, mathematical, spelling, and proofreading skills. Must have an eye for detail and the ability to work under stress while meeting prescribed deadlines. Must have the ability to learn quickly and use good judgment regarding policies and procedures. Familiarity with Banner and Salesforce Software Programs a plus. Highly desirable to fluently speak one or more foreign languages.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS will include but not be limited to: sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching, stooping, twisting of upper body, and manual dexterity for operation of office machines and/or equipment. Good near, far, color vision and depth perception and good hearing.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.