The Adjunct Instructor position will teach applied violin and viola to undergraduate majors and non-majors, direct the ORU Chamber Orchestra, and teach the String Methods and Pedagogy course each spring semester.
- Teach applied violin/viola to undergraduate majors and non-majors
- Serve as music director for the ORU Chamber Orchestra
- Teach the string methods course each spring semester
- Perform in solo and/or joint faculty recitals
- Attend instrumental juries for your student at the end of each semester
- Actively recruit and serve as a clinician in local and regional high schools and music events
- Attend department meetings as needed
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Masters Degree in Music with extensive experience as an ensemble conductor, as well as a performer and educator on violin/viola required.
- Proven track record of teaching at the collegiate level.
- Strong understanding of instrumental pedagogy.
- Strong understanding of concert programming and ensemble management.
Benefits & Perks
1. Complete the ORU online faculty application
2. Please provide transcripts from all Colleges or Universities listed on your and application
3. Please provide three letters of recommendation
ORU is committed to the integration of faith and learning through an education that empowers the whole person: spiritually alive, intellectually alert, physically disciplined, socially adept, and professionally competent.