- Full Time
The Oral Roberts University Library seeks a candidate well qualified as an Electronic Resources Librarian (ERL).
- Manages the Library's collection of electronic resources (databases and eBooks)
- Manages journal subscriptions
- Maintains accurate records of electronic resource money spent
- Creation and maintenance of A-Z database LibGuide page
- Keep current on ever-changing technologies
- Library liaison to classroom faculty departments
- Library collection development
- Regular reference desk service
- Serve on committees as needed
Education:Master's Degree from ALA accredited program in library or information science or an equivalent
- At least two years experience in acquisitions, cataloging, and electronic management within an academic library and competency working with a library ILS.
- Knowledge of and experience with discovery platforms, MARC, EZProxy, OCLC, Oasis collection development system, COUNTER and other usage statistics, OpenURL, integrated library systems (iii Sierra in particular), familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel,
- Springshare's suite of library tools (e.g. LibGuides), and an electronic resources management tool.
- Experience working with the EBSCO platform in particular, as well as other major library platforms (ProQuest; Gale: Sage; Elsevier, etc.).
- Knowledgeable about licensing and contract language when negotiating.
Work experience demonstrating :
- competence in managing the lifecycle of electronic resources, including licensing
- organizational skills and the ability to perform complex analytical work and exercise
- ability to identify and evaluate problems leading to resolutions
Benefits & Perks
1. Complete the ORU online faculty application
2. Please provide transcripts from all Colleges or Universities listed on your and application
3. Please provide three letters of recommendation