Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ALL POSITIONS UNTIL MARCH 1, 2020.
- Full Time
To provide secretarial support to Chair, professors and teaching assistants; supervise student workers and assist with advisement and enrollment of students. Provides administrative oversight of the following academic events: departmental orientation, freshman meeting, departmental graduating senior meeting, hooding, college weekend, and homecoming.
- Service to students, meeting all deadlines, phone calls, copying student documents, student files, receptionist duties, appointments with Chair and professors, petitions, syllabi, schedules, degree plan sheets, group advisement, College Weekend, Hooding, Honor's Banquet, Senior Paper Reception, Graduation, Student of the Year, faculty load/share report, supervise work done by student workers.
- Phone calls, mail, copying, faxing, computer work, typing, work orders, payroll documentation on Kronos, faculty meetings, supplies, cleaning department, facility requisitions, enter purchase requisitions in Banner Finance, distribution of hand-outs, pickup and delivery of schedules and exams, syllabi, textbook orders, desk copies, degree plan sheets, group advisement, college weekend, homecoming, faculty of the year, travel forms, grades, schedules, and archiving.
- Document work time in Kronos, ordering supplies, facility requisitions for teaching assistants.
- Assist Chair in planning stages of all Undergraduate Theology related events. Interact with Chair on a daily basis regarding students, professors, and teaching assistants.
- Supervise scholarship applications: evaluating applications received, interviewing students, managing funds, and distributing Departmental Scholarships according to student's needs.
- Monitor all departmental operating budgets while tracking, reporting and ensuring current fiscal year budgets do not exceed allotted limits.
- Assist the department chair in establishing course schedules for each semester.
- Supervise and managing scheduling for Quest Whole Person interviews.
- Provide advising and registration of students in classes as necessary.
- Review social media and website content for Theology page.
EDUCATION: Requires a High School diploma or GED; some college coursework preferred.
- Requires three (3) years secretarial experience and keyboarding with accuracy. Must have excellent communication, grammar, spelling, interpersonal, and organizational skills. Computer skills must include MS Word and Excel. Must have the ability to timely meet deadlines while maintaining flexibility and working under pressure.
- Must have a keen eye for detail with regard to correctness and accuracy of all information received into and produced by the department. Must have the ability to work under stress associated with meeting prescribed deadlines while working on more than one project simultaneously with minimal or no supervision. Must have the ability to learn quickly and exercise good judgment regarding policies and procedures.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality of information.
- Maintains compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policy and its' procedures.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS will include but not be limited to: sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, light lifting of office equipment up to 25 lbs., twisting of upper body, and repeated reaching by extending hand(s) and/or arm(s) in any direction. Manual dexterity for operating office machine and equipment. Vision to include near/far, depth perception, and color.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.