Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
The Event Coordinator Assistant is a temporary, part-time employee who assists the Campus Event Coordinator and the Director of Facility Services in the daily operations of event management and facilitation. This includes event coordinating, research, registration, guest relations, facility walk-through, event set-up/tear-down, monitoring buildings and events, and special requests. Provides these duties for Campus events, Mabee Center events, Athletic events, and Third Party clientele.
Requires 20 hours per week.
- Perform aspects of event operations including daily contact with staff to update accurate information/key data, complete data entry and event preparations.
- Assist and initiate projects regarding event management. The Event Coordinator Assistant is responsible for following up projects with the Campus Event Coordinator and/ or the Director of Facility Services to ensure completion of requests and for submitting follow up work, work orders and any event aspects/criteria if necessary. The Event Coordinator Assistant will respond promptly to the tasks and projects, or concerns of CES Staff and perform damage/quality control checks before an actual event; to assess any possible issues.
- Perform clerical duties associated with event operations. Assume an on-call status on a rotating basis whenever the opportunity arises. Respond to emergency situations promptly.
- Maintain daily contact with the Campus Event Coordinator and/ or the Director of Facility Services to ensure proper task completion and work flow. Work with other CES Staff, Directors and participants as assigned by the Campus Event Coordinator and/ or the Director of Facility Services.
- Work as part of a team to accomplish the needs of every client/group. Will sometimes oversee and supervise other student staff.
- Attend organizational and/or production meetings with the Campus Event Coordinator and other CES Staff to discuss the details (set-ups, special requests, etc.) of each assigned client/group.
- Represent the University to event/conference guests or potential clients. Conduct campus tours as needed.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Campus Event Coordinator and/ or the Director of Facility Services.
Good interpersonal skills, excellent knowledge of Oral Roberts University venues and meeting spaces. Individual will need basic clerical abilities and strong attention to detail. Courteous and service-oriented. Commitment to quality service and ability to work well in a team. Willingness to perform physical labor and work inside or outside; special projects assigned. Ability to work evenings and weekends required.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Matched retirement savings.
Essential job functions to include but not limited to: sitting, standing, walking, bending, twisting of upper body, and manual dexterity for operations of vehicles and office equipment.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.