Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ALL POSITIONS UNTIL APRIL 1, 2020.
- Full Time
Assists in the safe and efficient operation, repair and maintenance of all equipment within CityPlex complexes as assigned by the Chief Engineer, Chief Mechanic. Maintains an attitude of cooperation between tenants and department employees. Responds to complaints and troubleshoot accurate solutions to problems.
Hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm.
- Troubleshoot, replace or repair all components of air handling units including T-stats, RC panel filters, bearings, EP, PE switches; rebuild motors, coils and contacts.
- Removal, rebuild and installation of assorted steam tree components.
- Troubleshoot and preventive maintain all chill water system problems.
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain proper water flow throughout building.
- Assist plant engineers with any problems that may arise on shift.
- Troubleshoot and preventive maintain various refrigeration systems, including recharging units with R-12, R-22 and R502, if certified CFC.
- Carry out all routine maintenance as directed.
- Performs repairs on all equipment that is reported to be malfunctioning with no supervision. Equipment includes all air handling units, kitchen equipment, central sterile, operating room equipment, and any other equipment under the Plant Operations/Maintenance Department. This, however, excludes all biomedical, communications, data processing, paging systems, etc. equipment.
- Other duties as assigned. Must be willing to perform these duties on rotating shifts and on weekends. These duties are to be performed at any time during the eight (8) or ten (10) hour shift.
- May on occasion need to drive company vehicle to pick up parts and/or supplies.
High School diploma or GED preferred. Three (3) years to Five (5) years of specific experience with mechanical equipment. Must work well with the public. Prefer at least one of the following licenses: Third Class, First Class Limited or Specialty in Refrigeration, Steam, Plumbing or Electrical. Must possess a valid OK Drivers License and have an excellent driving record for the purpose of driving company vehicle.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS will include but not be limited to: visual requirements include color vision, near vision, far vision, depth perception and the ability to bring objects into sharp focus. Working indoors and outdoors -- could include periods of extreme temperatures and extreme noise. Sitting, standing, walking, kneeling, crouching, stooping, squatting, kneeling, crawling, twisting of upper body, and climbing hand-over-hand. Will be exposed to mechanical hazards, electrical hazards, high pressure steam hazards, radiation hazards, fume/odor hazards, dust/mites and chemical hazards. Able to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 lbs.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.