Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ALL POSITIONS UNTIL APRIL 1, 2020.
- Full Time
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Facilitate daily activities of department, oversee all department functions, and assist with any need of the Worship Center and its Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Rehearsing and preparing music for all bands and special music during chapel services (worship and special music). Conducts auditions of individuals for special music.
- Oversees financial responsibility for five cost centers. Oversee the submission of financial requests and reports including I-purchasing, check requisitions, travel advances, employee expense vouchers, etc. Responsible for all product sales, ie. Albums, DVD's etc.
- Facilitate student workers' hours and responsibilities. Conduct preliminary interviews. Address performances issues with students as needed. Conduct weekly staff meetings with student workers. Review and approved timecards in Kronos Timekeeping System.
- Provides oversight and development for Worship Leaders and Teams in the Prayer Room.
- Oversee the Travel Team initiative, traveling nationally and internationally on a regular basis. Maintain excellence and professionalism with all contacts. Seek outside contacts, schedule and manage the travel team schedule. A consistent physical presence on all the trips.
- Directly oversee, manage, update, and maintain all ORU Worship media platforms.
EDUCATION: Requires a Bachelor's degree preferably in Music, Communications, Media, Graphic Design, etc.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENT(S): Must possess a valid driver's license.
Requires 2 years experience of Worship Leading. Musical ability is mandatory, as well as skill in ministry. Must be competent working within the confines of a university with multiple layers of administration. Needs to be able to form professional relationships with students. Must be computer literate and competent.
Needs a broad range of musical skills on various instruments. Requires experience would include teaching guitar, some musical recording experience, substantial church or worship ministry work as a musician, knowledge on how to create and distribute various forms of media. Must be proficient with editing tools, such as Logic, Final Cut Pro, or Ableton.
Proficient in Photoshop and graphic design preferred.
Must possess excellent listening, verbal and written communication, and organizational skills. Requires an ability to be flexible and handle a wide variety of problem situations comfortably. The ability to maintain confidentiality of information is a must. The ability to handle multi-tasks and meet deadlines is a must. Must have an eye for detail.
Maintains compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policy and its' procedures.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS will include but not be limited to: Sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, twisting of upper body, kneeling, repetitive, manual dexterity for operation of office equipment and musical instruments, lifting up to 25 lbs. of equipment. Vision to include: near, far, visual accommodation, color, and depth perception. Must have the ability to heart clearly and distinctly for conducting auditions of vocalist and/or performers.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.