Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ALL POSITIONS UNTIL MARCH 1, 2020.
- Full Time
This position is responsible for the administrative, secretarial and budget functions of the College of Arts and Cultural Studies and has the responsibility to implement the daily routine of the office and serve as liaison for the Dean as needed. This person will manage special assignments and projects in matters pertaining to the administration of the school, i.e., seminar manager.
- Assists in establishing and building mutually prosperous business relationships for Oral Roberts University and the College of Arts and Cultural Studies. Provides authoritative answers to questions from students, staff, and faculty regarding academic policies and procedures. Assists/Facilitates communication with alumni, industry, community, parents, and other stakeholders. Serves as liaison between the Dean and University; faculty and student; University and student; and the Dean/College of Arts and Cultural Studies and industry, community, and other stakeholders. Facilitates communication about job openings with faculty and career placement.
- Performs administrative duties in conjunction with and in the absence of the Dean. Performs duties other than described when deemed necessary by the Dean for the efficient operation of the College and when required due to extenuating circumstances. Must have the ability to see the organization as a whole, and to see the relationship to and interdependence of the College of Arts and Cultural Studies and other departments. Must be able to conduct activities so that complaints are minimal and be able to interact positively with concerns of faculty, staff and students so that office efficiency is not impaired. Reports all complaints to the Dean. Administrates the policy for academic exception procedures for the College of Arts and Cultural Studies and coordinates paperwork with the Registrar's and Provost's Offices. Determines what appropriate channels of resolution are necessary. Responsible for security of all sensitive and confidential documents. Assists with monthly departmental meetings. Coordinates and expedites work in progress by student workers. Monitors their activities. Assists the Dean with providing leadership and oversight for the College of Arts and Cultural Studies, overseeing processes and administrative staffing.
- Performs secretarial and administrative assistance to the College of Arts and Cultural Studies, exercising initiative, working without supervision and coordinating appointments. Responsible for coordination and recordkeeping for various University committees. Composes written responses to inquiries from inter-university personnel. Edits letters and memos without altering the meaning of the message. Coordinates and expedites information and paper flow to ensure complete, accurate and timely processing of transactions. Responsible for all personal and confidential data. Provides direction in resolving problems in scheduling and in applying pertinent guidelines and procedures. Coordinates travel arrangements for the Dean and faculty. Identifies mail requiring immediate attention and separates from less urgent mail. Maintains and orders supplies and manages inventory in a cost effective manner so that supplies used do not exceed budget. Ensures the proper handling of incoming telephone messages. Responsible for monthly telephone report.
- Coordinates extracurricular projects, seminars, and conferences serving as project manager for various special events. Collects and distributes the nomination and selection of Outstanding Faculty for the College of Arts and Cultural Studies.
- Assumes leadership in the creation and management of the budget, class schedules, Trustee's report, faculty load reports, and other processes and systems as assigned by the Dean. Collects monthly budget reports from departments and prepares monthly budget reports for the Provost's office.
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of all faculty files for College of Arts and Cultural Studies. Responsible for updating/purging confidential data of general office files. Orders background checks and ensures completeness and accuracy of faculty files for faculty hiring. Performs other duties deemed necessary for the successful function of the Dean's office in the College of Arts and Cultural Studies.
- General Office Procedures - Maintain filing system containing copies of faculty contracts and department budgets; complete forms for the purpose of requesting mailings, purchases, rooms for meetings & workshops, etc.; answer telephones; copying; running errands; pick-up and distribution of mail; pick-up and distribution of paychecks; cleaning, vacuuming, keeping office orderly; maintain inventory of office forms and supplies and order when necessary; process requisitions; process travel and reimbursements.
EDUCATION: Requires a High School diploma.
Requires 5 years administrative/secretarial experience and 60 wpm typing with proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Word preferred. Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills a must. Proven ability to work in fast-paced and sometimes high pressured environment without supervision required. Must have the ability to effectively deal with persons from a variety of cultural backgrounds. Must have the ability to learn quickly and use sound judgment regarding organizational and departmental regulations, procedures and policies. Maintains a high level of confidentiality at all times regarding both student records and internally sensitive information.
Must maintain a high level of confidentiality of information.
Maintains compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policy and its' procedures
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS will include but not be limited to: sitting, standing, bending, stooping, walking, crouching, manual dexterity for operation of office machines/computer equipment, and twisting of upper body. Vision to include: near, far, visual accommodation, color and depth perception.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.