Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better! Application deadline is MARCH 15, 2020.
- Full Time
The Dean of the College of Arts and Cultural Studies (CACS) is responsible for five departments and over 50 full-time faculty members. The Dean leads ongoing strategic visioning for the college in fulfillment of Oral Roberts University's mission to develop whole leaders for the whole world. The Dean operates within the framework of a shared governance system, is responsible for all academic programs and services of the college, manages and guides the various budgets within the college, and provides intellectual and academic leadership for faculty in matters related to curriculum, research, and faculty development.
The College of Arts and Cultural Studies seeks to develop Christian persons of integrity who demonstrate ethical behavior and a passion for aesthetics. We nurture students to synthesize and integrate knowledge and to enthusiastically communicate God's Truth. By the effective stewardship and expression of their unique gifts, students will become agents of the healing and transformation of our diverse world. We foster the appreciation of the expanded world of the arts, thereby continuing the heritage of the good, the true, and the beautiful.
The College of Arts and Cultural Studies is responsible for much of the liberal arts education at Oral Roberts University. The college contains the five departments of
- Communication and Media,
- English and Modern Languages,
- History, Humanities, and Government,
- Music, and
- Theatre, Dance and Visual Arts.
Graduates of the college are found in performance halls, production studios, news desks, court rooms, and government offices around the country and across the world. The college is in the midst of an exciting expansion as a new Media Arts or Performing Arts Center is under development for music, theatre, dance, and media. More information on the college is available at https://oru.edu/academics/coacs/index.php.
An ideal candidate will exhibit the following traits.
- Meets the qualifications of a regularly appointed faculty member in the College of Arts & Cultural Studies. Including the spiritual qualifications and "mission fit" expected of a tenured faculty member as described in the Code of Honor and Faculty and Administration Handbook (available at https://oru.edu/pdfs/faculty-and-staff/faculty/new-docs/faculty-admin-handbook-2019-2020.v2.pdf). Must have a doctorate or equivalent terminal degree in a field represented by the College of Arts and Cultural Studies.
- Possess three years of leadership experience at the college level in curriculum design and assessment, and a minimum of five years of teaching experience in a baccalaureate or higher-level system. Knowledge of current trends and opportunities in assessment and curriculum delivery strategies is preferred along with a vision for the future of higher education.
- Must have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills; excellent analytical skills; and excellent managerial and leadership skills.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality of information and maintains compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policy and its' procedures. All successful candidates must pass a background check.
In addition to administrative responsibilities, the dean of the College of Arts and Cultural Studies teaches up to three credit hours per year, has a 12-month faculty contract, and reports to the Provost.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.