Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
The Processing Specialist assists in the processing of FAFSA applications, needs analysis determinations, Professional Judgements, ISIR transaction updates and dependency overrides.
- Assists in processing of needs analysis records, professional judgment, and c-flag documents. Identifying and resolving incomplete, inaccurate, and/or unsigned information. Evaluates Professional Judgement requests and posts additional document requests for students approved to continue in the process. Completes Professional Judgment once all documentation is received.
- Stays current with federal and university regulations and guidelines. Ensures compliance with federal regulations and guidelines. Makes updates on Banner as needed for needs analysis processing
- Assists with reconciliation of FAFSA records between Banner and COD, making sure that updated FAFSA transactions are correctly reviewed and loaded into the banner system. Flags files for packaging review if EFC changes.
- Communicates clearly with students and their parents regarding necessary documents and steps in the Professional judgement process via email and phone
- Keeps Assistant Director and Director apprised of any issues or problems in relation to the needs analysis process.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Assistant Director or FA Director
EDUCATION: Requires a High School diploma. College coursework highly preferred.
- Requires one year of experience in Financial Aid or two years of experience in a banking/lending institution environment.
- Must be computer literate with have accurate keyboarding skills and be familiar with both Microsoft Word and Excel. Must be able to learn the Banner student system and all other software used in the department.
- Must be able to meet mandatory deadlines imposed and prescribed by the Federal Government. Must be able to read and interpret federal regulations and guidelines as they apply to federal student aid.
- Must be self-motivated, have an eye for details, and ability to effectively multi-task in the midst of a high-paced office environment and stressful conditions associated with deadlines. Must be detail oriented and have excellent problem solving skills. Good spelling, verbal, written, reading, analytical, mathematical, data entry, organizational, and oral and written communication skills a must.
- This person must be adaptable and able to adjust to rapidly changing situations. Must have the ability to deal with persons experiencing stress related to financial matters effectively deal with persons from a variety of cultural backgrounds.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality of information.
- Maintains compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policy and its' procedures.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Matched retirement savings.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS will include but not be limited to: Sitting, standing, bending, stooping, walking, crouching, manual dexterity for operation of office machines/computer equipment, pushing and/or pulling of file drawers, handling by seizing, holding, grasping, or turning of hands, and twisting of upper body. Lifting of 25 lbs. or less of boxes of paper, apps, forms, etc. Requires good hearing and vision.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.