Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ALL POSITIONS UNTIL FEBRUARY 1, 2020.
- Full Time
Responsible for the overall collection of payments from former students and the primary contact with outside collection agencies. Looking for eager individual to work to eliminate paper and take this process digital.
- Contact former students by telephone, email and via the internet to ensure past due balances are collected.
- Prepare payments, including in house and collection agency payments.
- Receives and reconciles month end reports, fiscal year, budget, and collection agency reports related to past due accounts.
- Research and analyze accounts as needed. Access and evaluate credit reports, and provide updated information to various credit reporting agencies as needed. Run Banner credit bureau report and uploading to Trans Union. Review and reply to any credit bureau disputes.
- Write up adjustments and review auto debit payments. Review daily posted batches for accuracy before filing. Prepare files for batch filing.
- Ensure late payment, pre collection, and paid in full letters are sent to appropriate accounts every month.
- Thoroughly document and keep accurate records of communications with students.
- Run and mail and/or email monthly bills and collection letters.
- Transfer delinquent accounts to outside collection agencies.
- Track productivity with outside collection agencies as well as in-house accounts.
- Monitor the processing of bankruptcy accounts, ie, placement or removal of status holds, suspension of billing activity, and verification of Chapter 13 payments when received. Filing proof of claim.
- Keeping track of returned checks/payments. Remove holds and entity codes as needed.
- Skip trace using the Internet, credit report, references, family members, and file information. Pull credit reports as needed.
- Charge off old accounts to profit and loss, negotiate and send out settlement offers.
- File of all student correspondence, financial contracts and collection agency reports.
- Take phone calls for dept. & Collections. Return calls and follow up as necessary.
- Help cover Teller Line for lunches and work any other projects deemed necessary by management.
EDUCATION: Requires a High School diploma or GED. Prefer some college coursework, Finance or Accounting especially.
Requires one year of experience to include customer service, bookkeeping/clerical, and cash handling; prefer bank teller or equivalent. Account collections experience highly preferred.
Knowledge and judgment regarding organization and departmental procedures and policies is helpful. Must be able to work under stress and effectively handle situations dealing with upset individuals. Must be able to timely meet deadlines and multitask from one assignment to others without frustration or anxiety. Ability to communicate orally and in writing is essential. Good mathematical, interpersonal, multitasking skills are essential.
Must maintain a high level of confidentiality of information.
Maintain compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policy and its' procedures
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS will include but not be limited to: walking, sitting, crouching, squatting, stooping, twisting of upper body, and manual dexterity for operation of office machines/equipment. Visual requirements are near, far, depth, color, and visual accommodation to bring objects into sharp focus.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.