Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ALL POSITIONS UNTIL FEBRUARY 1, 2020.
- Full Time
Processes student applications for aid for fall, spring, and summer through financial aid packaging and loan processing; Provides customer service and financial aid knowledge for online and graduate students with in-depth questions about their financial aid; reviews and uploads incoming files submitted by distance and graduate students pertaining to their financial aid. Reviews withdrawn students and processes federal Title IV adjustments as a result of withdrawal (R2T4)
- Counsel with students, parents referred regarding in-depth questions about their Financial Aid/FAFSA process. Answers questions about financial aid with parents, students, contracted groups and the general public phone calls, in-person consultation or e-mails
- Scanning/Imaging student financial aid records, and recording receipt into Banner Financial Aid system. Also, evaluating the documentation for completeness and establishing workflow for processing. Assisting in Verification efforts by reviewing C-flags and other Department of Education matches. Communicating with distance education and graduate students when information is incorrect or incomplete as part of follow-up.
- Award financial aid funds and revise award letters as needed to prevent over-awards. Notify students of changes to award in a timely manner.
- Resolve ""funds not paid"" issues and others that may prevent student from receiving aid in a timely manner, using reports from the Director and the Banner system. Communicates delays in disbursements to students in a timely manner
- Ensure that students know the deadlines to apply for financial aid and know the proper forms to file to receive financial aid.
- Monitor graduate and online population for official university withdrawal and process the R2T4 for those populations. Review grades for unofficial withdrawal at the conclusion of each enrollment period, processing any resulting R2T4 process as needed.
- Be thoroughly familiar with the various aid programs and graduate scholarships available; keep informed of the changes in them.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy in updating student data on the computer system.
- Work effectively with other ORU departments on behalf of ORU students.
- Assist the Assistant Director with projects as assigned
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED is required. A Bachelor's Degree in related field is preferred. One year in an office setting required
Prefer one year of experience in a financial aid or student services setting.
- Must have the ability to deal with persons experiencing stress related to financial matters effectively while maintaining a professional posture at all times.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to effectively balance/prioritize multi-tasks in the midst of a high-paced office environment.
- Must be detail orientated, and have excellent data entry and mathematical skills.
- Requires excellent mathematical, spelling, grammar, reading, verbal & written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to effectively deal with persons from a variety of cultural backgrounds.
- Must be able to read and interpret federal regulations and guidelines as they apply to federal student aid.
- Must be adaptable and able to adjust to a rapidly changing administrative situation.
- Must have proven ability to maintain an eye for details under stressful conditions associated with project deadlines and a busy office environment.
- Must be able to meet mandatory deadlines imposed and prescribed by the Federal Government.
Must be computer literate with accurate keyboarding skills. Must be able to learn the Banner student system used in the daily processing of student information, software used in processing loans to guarantors, and web-based programs associated with the downloading of information from the Department of Education. Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Word applications preferred.
Must maintain a high level of confidentiality of information.
Maintains compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policy and its' procedures.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS will include but not be limited to: sitting, standing, bending, stooping, walking, crouching, manual dexterity for operation of office machines/computer equipment, twisting of upper body, good hearing, and color and depth vision. Minimal lifting up to 25 lbs of office supplies and/or files.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.