Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ALL POSITIONS UNTIL MARCH 1, 2020.
- Full Time
An ORU bus driver will primarily shuttle students and faculty to various locations on campus and the Nursing Engineering Center NEC. Restricted off campus travel may be required.
- Ensure vehicles are inspected for road worthiness, i.e. oil, tires, signals and lights, brakes, gas. Performs pre and post trip vehicle safety inspections.
- Ensures all auto repair requests are timely submitted and corrected.
- Does not drive any vehicle that is deemed to be unsafe to drive.
- Maintains a clean bus at all times.
- Obeys all traffic laws and CDL requirements.
- Operates the bus at a rate of speed that is reasonable and prudent for the existing conditions.
- Primarily drives students and faculty to and from campus and NEC facility.
- Transports students and ORU guests to and from airport and event locations.
- Assists handicap persons on and off bus lift platform.
- Ensures the safety of all passengers
- Completes annual CDL medical certification and drug screening.
- Reports immediately any involvement in accident or traffic violation.
- Attends monthly safety meetings.
- Knowledgeable of how to safely exit highway, park vehicle, and emplace safety triangles.
- Knowledgeable of what to do during adverse weather conditions (snow, rain, ice, fog).
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent is required.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENT(S):
- Valid United States class B commercial driver's license with school bus and passenger endorsement is required.
- Must possess a valid Oklahoma drivers license and have an excellent driving record for the purpose of driving University vehicle(s). ORU online defensive driving course is required.
- Driver is required to possess a valid United States CDL class B or C license.
- Driver possesses good verbal and interpersonal skills are required for effective, consistent and accurate communication with staff, students, faculty, VIPs, and the general public. Must maintain a high degree of professionalism at all times.
- Ability to take direction and follow-up on assigned tasks to ensure satisfactory, accurate, and timely completion.
- 1 or more years of experience driving a school bus (training provided for the right applicant).
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS will include but not be limited to: sitting, standing, stooping, walking, manual dexterity for operation office machines and vehicles. Vision to include: near, visual accommodation, color, field of vision, peripheral and depth perception. Good hearing and color and depth perception is required. Lifting up to fifty pounds is sometimes required (usually luggage items).
HOURS OF WORK & ATTENDANCE: Normal work hours are Monday – Friday, 7:30 am – 3:30 pm during the school session. When classes are not in session, incumbent will not be expected to work unless notified. Extended hours may be required during events throughout the school year. Incumbent must be flexible.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.