Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ALL POSITIONS UNTIL MAY 1, 2020.
- Full Time
Provide high-level administrative support and serve as liaison between University constituencies including students, University Relations, and the Presidents office. Serve as presentation (graphics design) point person for the Presidents office. Work with the Presidents Executive Assistant and Special Projects Assistant in a team approach.
- Answers telephone(s), screen calls, and handle issues as required. Obtains details and make decisions if President should be involved or redirect call/inquiry to the appropriate person. Listens to inquiries, problem-solve, and determine the direction that individuals should take to find answers to their questions or resolve their situations. Follows up when appropriate or directed by the President. Maintains confidentiality in all matters.
- Develops overall plans, set goals and deadlines, as well as, develop procedures to direct and improve supportive services to the President.
- Manages and directs the activities of the Order of the Golden Eagle. Examine, appraise and evaluate performance of the members and overall effectiveness of the program. Primary liaison in working with the University Relations office on the work of the Order of the Golden Eagle at Presidential and University events. Leads the selection committee.
- Evaluates efficiency, effectiveness and compliance with policies and procedures related to the supportive services of Office of the President.
- Strives for continuous improvement in the department through active listening techniques, attention to detail, and appropriate use of feedback channels. Thus allowing for the identification and implementation of new services and programs to meet the needs of students and other members of the University community.
- Greets all students, faculty, parents and visitors that come to the Presidents office. Works with the Presidents Executive Assistant to assure appointments, messages, visitors are handled properly.
- Serves as the primary presentation assistant for all Presidential speeches and appearances. This includes research, presentation preparations, handouts, and other duties to assure excellence and quality in Presidential appearances. Works with the special projects assistant on logistics for appearances. Attends Presidential appearances as requested.
- Interviews, trains and supervises student workers. Compiles and assigns work for student workers. Communicates instructions and gives feedback regarding tasks needing completion. Serves as resource person/mentor for student workers. Processes and approves timecards via Kronos timekeeping system.
- Works with the First Lady of the University and Executive Assistant on all Presidential events to assure appearance, quality and success. Assistance with meetings includes securing meeting sites, rates, setting up for events, communication with special guests as needed in cooperation with the Presidents Executive Assistant and the Special Projects Coordinator. Serves the First Lady at events as required.
- Sets up and maintains databases and contact lists as requested.
- Serves as primary liaison on all print requests and jobs from the Presidents office to assure timely completion and appropriate quality.
- Assists with chapel projects as requested including the Chapel Missions offering. This includes serving on the chapel missions offering committee, communicating with missions project contacts and preparing summary reports for offerings.
- Creates small graphic design projects for the Presidents office and synergizes with University Relations by assisting on graphics design projects when possible.
- Assists the Executive Assistant to the President as requested on filing, word processing, ordering supplies, requisitions, appropriate systems response and other duties as required. Works with both Special Projects Assistant and Executive Assistant on projects as requested by the President.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree preferred or at least four years of administrative and presentation design experience.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENT(S):Must possess a valid Oklahoma Drivers license and maintain a satisfactory driving record.
- Must be able have keyboarding skills with accuracy. Must be computer savvy to include experience in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Mac programs. Must have a high regard for excellence, work well under stress, meet appropriate deadlines and be good with people. Must be able coordinate multiple projects towards success.
- Requires good reading, math, oral, written, grammatical, interpersonal and organizational skills. Ability to meet the public well including professional appearance and projection of positive attitude required. Has a displayed ability as a self-starter and works well both as a team member and independently. Must have the ability to learn quickly and exercise good judgment.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality of information.
- Maintains compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policy and its procedures.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS will include but not be limited to: sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching, stooping, twisting of upper body, and manual dexterity for operation of office machines and/or equipment. Vision to include: near, far, color depth perception and visual accommodation. Occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds that includes boxes of office supplies, forms, or office furnishings is required.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.