Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS UNTIL MARCH 1, 2021.
- Part Time
Assist the Building Manager with the management and operations of Armand Hammer Student Alumni Center.
Two openings with the work hours of:
- Saturday & Sunday, 4:30 pm - 12:30 am; or
- Saturday and Sunday, 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm.
However, hours may change based on special events and availability of staff.
- Manages and serves as the liaison for site-managed events.
- Obtain all pertinent information relative to the event.
- Conduct facility inspections, when required, matching client's expressed needs with the facilities services.
- Meet with clients, providing information, answering questions, and confirming pre-event preparations and arrangements.
- Develop and maintain good internal public relations contact with department personnel who significantly impact the use of the facility, including, Student Association, Student Affairs, and Alumni Office.
- Finalize event set-up arrangements with all affected campus departments.
- Provide site management on dates of events.
- Provide billing invoices when necessary.
- Oversees the operations and maintenance of the facility.
- Conducts walk-through inspections of cleaning in classrooms, offices, bathrooms, hallways, and entrances.
- Oversee facility for safety and security problems.
- Approve and communicate schedules for closing areas for the purpose of cleaning.
- Report repair problems for the facility and periodically follow up on status.
- Coordinating with other departments for maintenance issues.
- Conduct routine inspections of all TV & Video equipment.
- Process orders for supplies considering all upcoming events and activities.
- Works with the Building Manager in the interviewing, hiring, training, and supervision of staff and/or student processes as follows:
- Establish a positive work environment.
- Contribute to the development of policies and procedures that coincide with Oral Roberts University regulations and other Student / Alumni facilities.
- Effectively communicate policies and procedures to students, faculty, staff, and alumni and outside organizations that contract to use the facility.
Requires a High school diploma or GED. Additional coursework at a higher educational institution is helpful. Requires one year of applicable experience. Good reading, mathematical, oral, written, spelling, and grammatical, interpersonal, organizational skills are a must. Excellent customer service and communication skills, and ability to deal with people in a professional manner are essential. Must have the ability to work as an effective team member with a commitment to excellence and customer service. Must be able to articulate thoughts well for the purpose of effectively communicating information one-on-one, in groups or in a public setting. Must have the ability to exercise diplomacy when confronted with difficult questions or situations. The ability to maintain organization and handle the stress associated with meeting deadlines for multiple projects in the midst of handling interruptions is required. Must be able to ascertain and understand organizational and departmental procedures, regulations, and policies. Must be computer literate to include MS Office. Must be able to learn other department related software.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents for eligible positions.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents for eligible positions.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS will include but not be limited to sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, twisting of upper body, pushing, pulling, kneeling, minimal climbing ladders, and manual dexterity used for operation or moving of sound/AV/office equipment. There will be a minimal lifting of up to 25 pounds of equipment and/or supplies. Minimal exposure to cleaning fluids as well as body fluids. Occasional high noise environment due to an over-sized movie screen and concerts that may occur in the commons area. Minimal exposure to dust, dirt, and/or grease environment due to food court area. Vision to include: near, far, peripheral, visual accommodation, color, and depth perception. Requires good hearing, vision (far, color, and depth.)
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.