How Does Follett ACCESS Work?
The Follett ACCESS program takes the hassle out of course material buying because course material costs are covered as part of your tuition fees. Through Follett ACCESS, all course materials are provided at one low price for undergraduate, residential programs so that students will have access to all required course materials on day one of class. This program will provide all your required textbooks for just $355 per semester!
- Once you have selected your courses, your course list will be sent to the ORU Bookstore. The campus store will then prepare all of your course materials for you!
- When available, course materials will be provided in a digital textbook format (e-book). If an e-book is not available, a physical book will be provided instead. Physical books are considered rentals and will need to be returned to the ORU Bookstore at the end of the semester, unless otherwise stated by Campus Bookstore.
- Once you've enrolled in your classes and completed registration, you can pick up your physical course materials at the ORU Bookstore on the 3rd floor of the Learning Resource Center (LRC). Digital textbooks will be accessible on D2L, and you will receive instructions on accessing digital textbooks via your ORU email.
The Benefits of Follett ACCESS
- Having required course materials makes it easier to be more successful in class
- Easily access, manage and use digital course materials
- Minimize the time spent searching for deals on course materials
- Don’t worry about getting the wrong title or wrong edition
Picking up your Course Materials
- Physical Books: You will receive emails from email@example.com with the subject, "Your order is ready for Pick-up", as your textbooks are pulled and packaged for you. Once your registration is complete, pick up your books at the ORU Bookstore, LRC entry level, during regular store hours. Please have your picture ID and proof of completed registration when you arrive.
- E-Books: If an e-book format is available for any of your required textbook titles, you may access them through D2L or Redshelf. You can also follow the directions sent to your ORU email address.
Added or Dropped Classes
If you add a new class and physical books are required, you will receive another email that your order is ready for pickup. Please pick up your books at the ORU Bookstore, during regular store hours once you receive this email.
If you drop a class (including section changes) or if any of your classes are canceled, please make sure to return materials to the ORU Bookstore, Learning Resource Center 3rd Floor, immediately. DO NOT keep them until the end of the term.
- To avoid non-return charges for dropped classes, please return rented physical products to the store immediately.
- Product must be returned in original condition.
- If you need to ship the materials to the store, the address is: University Store at ORU, 7777 S. Lewis Ave, Tulsa, OK 74171.
End of Semester Textbook Return
- All physical rental books must be returned to the ORU Bookstore when the semester ends.
- The final deadline to turn in your textbooks is at the end of the semester.
- If books are not returned, you will be assessed a fine and be required to pay to replace these materials.
- If you wish to keep a book, or if a book is lost or damaged, you may convert to purchase at the ORU Bookstore at any time throughout the semester by paying an additional fee.
- Non-return materials will also be cause for charges and holds applied to your account from Oral Roberts University.
Can I Opt-Out of the Program?
If you decide you do not want to participate in the Follett ACCESS program, you may opt-out here. If you choose to opt-out, you will not be able to opt back in and will then be responsible
for obtaining the required course materials on your own. If any of your classes require Courseware, a digital platform for your assignments,
then we strongly advise that you do not opt-out of the Follett ACCESS Program.
If you have questions regarding the Follett ACCESS program, please contact the ORU Bookstore.