Master of Arts
This program is also offered:
Oral Roberts University’s Master of Arts Biblical Literature is a virtual program. This program is structured to inform students of the broad spectrum of hermeneutical and exegetical perspectives, tools and methods to interpret biblical content responsibly and perceptively. In order to better interpret Old and New Testament content, the curriculum helps students develop a working knowledge of biblical languages.
More than this, our unique mission to develop Holy Spirit-empowered leaders through Whole Person Education, can truly set you apart to impact the world. The Graduate School of Theology and Ministry was born out of the fires of evangelism and a soul-deep commitment to touch people's lives. Today, ORU has the largest charismatic theological faculty in the world.
A concentration in Advanced Languages is available.
What can I do with a Master of Arts in Biblical Literature from ORU?
- Senior or Associate Pastor
- Bible School Teaching
- Pastoral Counseling
- Doctoral Level Preparation
What makes ORU’s Master of Arts Biblical Literature program stand out?
- The world’s largest charismatic faculty made up of distinguished professors who are Spirit- led, biblically based, historically informed, socially and ethically accountable, theologically responsible and skillful ministers of Jesus Christ.
- Faculty advisors who meet one-on-one with students to help discern the Lord’s voice and articulate ministry and professional callings.
- Integrated and balanced courses in biblical literature, practices of ministry and theological and historical studies.
What learning formats are available for this program?
We offer this program in a virtual learning format. You’ll not only experience face-to-face interaction from professors and peers, but you’ll also enjoy the resources available on our Tulsa campus, like our weekly Chapel services, library research center and aerobics center.
How long will it take me to graduate?
This program is 52.5 credit hours. If you were to begin without advanced standing, transferring credit or taking leveling courses, you could complete this degree in as little as 2.5 years when you enroll full-time.
What about accreditation?
As a university, we meet the accreditation standards set by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). This program, offered by our Graduate School of Theology and Ministry, is also accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada (ATS).
Are there scholarships available?
Many of our full-time, virtual graduate students receive ORU grants and scholarships based on academic achievement and other opportunities. To learn more about financial aid, click here.
Reasons to complete my ORU degree Virtually
- Attend classes from anywhere...in the world
- Live. interactive lectures in real-time through high-definition video conferencing
- Taught by ORU on-campus faculty
- Interact and engage with fellow students and professors in and out of the virtual classroom
- Access to ORU Virtual resources 24/7
- Fully accredited and Spirit-empowered degree program
Experience what students around the world have gained earning a degree with ORU Virtually.
Office of Graduate Admissions