Master of Education in
Teaching & Educational Leadership - Teaching
This program is also offered:
Are you ready for a career change to develop your ability to teach and influence the next generation? Are you looking for the certification you need to further your teaching career from a Christian worldview? Acquire the skills and strategies you need to teach in the K-12 classroom from a Christian worldview.
ORU's Master of Education in Teaching and Educational Leadership with a concentration in Teaching offers two options:
- Initial Teacher Certification includes a student teaching semester and meets all the requirements for certification in Oklahoma. This hands-on program completes most coursework in the first year, allowing you to focus your second year on student teaching and developing effective communication strategies for educational leaders.
- Alternative Certification focuses on knowledge and skills to improve effectiveness in the K-12 classroom.
Classes are delivered in a virtual format of 15-week semesters, with classes meeting at least once per week.
A Master of Education in Teaching & Educational Leadership will enable you to:
- Critically and constructively evaluate the philosophical foundation of various issues and systems from a Christian worldview
- Effectively use technology to differentiate instruction, learning, and assessment for a diverse range of students
- Enhance classroom instruction and assessment using proven theories and principles
- Develop and communicate an inspiring vision using a variety of research methods and communication strategies
- Develop, implement and evaluate equitable leadership policies and systems to ensure that each stakeholder is treated fairly, with an understanding of culture and context
Career opportunities include:
- Teaching Pre-K through 12th grade in:
- Public schools
- Private schools
- Virtual schools
- Christian schools
- Missions and international education
Are there scholarships available?
Many of our students receive ORU grants and scholarships through academic achievement and through ORU’s premier scholarship opportunity of our Quest Whole Leader Scholarship. Click on the links below for more information:
- Quest Whole Leader Graduate Scholarships
- College of Education Graduate Scholarships
- Graduate Tuition and Financial Aid
Reasons to complete my ORU degree Virtually
- Attend classes from anywhere...in the world
- Live. interactive lectures in real-time through high-definition video conferencing
- Taught by ORU on-campus faculty
- Interact and engage with fellow students and professors in and out of the virtual classroom
- Access to ORU Virtual resources 24/7
- Fully accredited and Spirit-empowered degree program
Experience what students around the world have gained earning a degree with ORU Virtually.
Dr. Patrick Otto, Ed.D.
College of Education