Bachelor of Arts in
Christian Caregiving and Counseling
Oral Roberts University’s Bachelor of Arts in Christian Caregiving and Counseling is a 100% online program that can equip you with the philosophy, methods, and resources suited for professional or lay ministry in a broad range of pastoral settings. You will graduate equipped for lay counselling roles within the local church context and other church-related bodies.
More than this, our commitment to educating your whole person—mind, body, and spirit—can truly set you apart for ministerial roles. You will be equipped to help people realize wholeness in all aspects of their lives.
|With an education at ORU, the value is more than the cost. ORU's Christian Caregiving and Counseling degree was rated a Top 20 Online Counseling Degree Program in 2021 by Best Value Schools!|
What can I do with a degree in Christian Caregiving and Counseling?
- Lay Counselor *
*Note: Counseling professionals typically need a master’s degree to become licensed, although requirements vary from state to state. Talk with an ORU Admissions representative for more information.
What distinct courses will I take?
You will take various courses such as:
- Issues and Identity of the Caregiver
- Pastoral Approaches to Counseling
- Developing Helping Skills
- Crisis Intervention
- Developmental Psychology
- Christian Leadership
How long will it take me to graduate?
This program is 124 credit hours. If you were to begin without transferring credit, you could still complete this degree in as little as 3.5 years when you enroll full-time. We consider full-time enrollment for this program as 6 credit hours per 7-week term with 6 terms per year.
How much does this program cost?
Our affordable tuition means your finances go further. In addition, many students benefit from federal aid and our interest-free payment plan. To view your cost, click here.
Any other reasons to complete my degree online with ORU?
- You’ll graduate on time with a team of Success Coaches who’ll walk with you every step of the way.
- You can begin classes ASAP with year-round terms and direct access to our friendly admissions team.
- Fit classes into your schedule so you can balance work and family commitments.
- Academic support with easy access to caring professors and helpful learning resources.
- Access classes anytime and anywhere with our mobile-friendly and user-friendly online platform.
- ORU Online is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and utilizes the same world-class curriculum as traditional courses.
Ask us about our introductory Online Strategies class that will jump-start your journey with 3 credit hours towards your degree. Experience what students around the world have gained earning a degree with ORU Online.