An advanced professional degree, The Doctor of Ministry will help you continue your education as a minister by being spiritually renewed and effective in world ministry. You will grow in your understanding and interpretation of the Church’s ministry biblically, theologically, historically, ethically and practically. A focus of this program is to enable you to understand the charismatic dimensions of ministry.
During this program experience, you will be a part of a group of classmates. In addition to core classes, you will also get to take specialized courses in two tracks- church ministries and leadership and pastoral care and chaplaincy. Half of the courses are online and the other half are blended courses that include both a 2 1/2 day modular component where students meet on campus, as well as online discussions and assignments throughout the semester. This format will allow you to continue to minister in your existing ministry position while completing your degree. In addition to the course work, you will complete a ministry research project. It is possible for you to complete your doctor of ministry degree in three years.
The Doctor of Ministry aims to:
- Prepare you to articulate continued growth in professional development, spiritual maturity, and ministerial identity.
- Enable you to demonstrate advanced understanding and integration of ministry in relation to biblical and theological disciplines.
- Prepare you to enhance competencies in ministerial analysis, practices, and skills.
- Train you to reflect comprehensive and critical understanding of ministry in which theory and practice interactively inform and enhance each other.
- Enable you to develop skills and competencies required for mature and effective ministry leadership.
- Prepare you to research, design, and complete a doctoral-level ministry research project for their ministry context.
CHURCH MINISTRIES AND LEADERSHIP TRACK
You can choose to focus on the leadership of church and para-church ministries. This
track is designed for pastors, executive directors of para-church ministries, chaplains,
missionaries and denominational leaders. You will further develop their skills at
exegeting the changing world and refine and articulate a theology and philosophy of
PASTORAL CARE AND CHAPLAINCY TRACK WITH A CONCENTRATION IN MORAL INJURY
Students for this track are typically chaplains, and those serving in various counseling and therapy settings. This concentration includes six specialized courses in moral injury and a research project in moral injury that has application to the chaplaincy context. You will develop competencies in assessing, treating, and researching moral injury, as well as developing a theological framework for moral injury
Degree Plan Sheet, DMIN, PCC Track with a Concentration in Moral Injury
DMIN, PCC Track, Moral Injury Concentration - Fact Sheet
- Master of Divinity degree (or equivalent) with a 3.0 grade point average from an ATS accredited seminary. Leveling courses are available to obtain equivalency if needed.
- Minimum of three years of full-time ministry post master's degree. Exceptions are possible for those with significant ministry experience prior to and during the Master of Divinity degree.
THE GRADUATE SCHOOL OF THEOLOGY AND MINISTRY IS ALSO ACCREDITED BY:
The Graduate School of Theology and Ministry is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada (ATS). The following degree programs are approved:
- Master of Divinity
- M.A. Biblical Literature
- M.A. Theological/Historical Studies
- M.A. in Professional Counseling
- M.A. in Missions
- M.A. in Practical Theology
- Doctor of Ministry
The Commission contact information is:
The Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools in the U.S. and Canada
10 Summit Park Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15275 USA
THE UNIVERSITY HOLDS MEMBERSHIPS WITH THE FOLLOWING ASSOCIATIONS:
- Association of American Colleges and Universities
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- Council for Christian Colleges and Universities
Are there scholarships available?
There are several scholarships available to students in the Graduate Program. To learn
more about financial aid, click here.
Office of Graduate Admissions