Bachelor of Science in
Oral Roberts University’s Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Sports Management is a residential program that can equip you to become a sports manager by providing a broad understanding of the field while also teaching specific management skills. You will graduate with skills in the areas of finance, sports personnel management, sports law, sports marketing and sports facility and sports event management.
More than this, our unique mission to develop Holy Spirit-empowered leaders through Whole Person Education, can truly set you apart to impact the sports world. ORU’s Sports Management degree prepares students for advanced work in all sectors of the sports industry.
What can I do with a degree from ORU in Sport Management?
- Professional Sports
- Olympic and International Sports
- Collegiate Athletics
- Sports Venue Management
- Sports Travel and Tourism Industry
What are some of the core experiences of this program?
- Intro to Sports Management
- Global Perspectives in Sports and Leisure
- Sports Facility and Event Management
- Programming in Sport and Leisure
- Psychology of Human Performance
- Leadership in Sports and Leisure Services
- Legal and Aspects of Sports and Leisure
- Internship in Sports Management
What makes ORU’s Sports Management program stand out?
The Aerobics Center facility includes classrooms, an indoor swimming pool, basketball courts, an indoor running track and state-of-the-art exercise equipment for both men and women. The faculty and staff provide an encouraging environment for you to learn and participate in activities that will provide enjoyable leisure and fitness on a regular basis.
You also have the unique opportunity to learn hands on with both professional sports organizations and NCAA Division I athletic departments.
- Professional Sports Organizations: OKC Blue (NBAD), OKC Thunder (NBA), Tulsa Oilers (CHL), Tulsa Drillers (AA-MLB), Tulsa Roughnecks (Minor League Soccer) PGA and LPGA,
- NCAA Division I Athletic Departments: Oral Roberts University (Summit League Conference), the University of Oklahoma (Big XII), Oklahoma State University (Big XII), and the University of Tulsa (American Athletic Conference).
- We also work with NASCAR, AAU Jr. Olympics, FCA, NFL and the retired NFL Players Association.
What about accreditation?
As a university, we meet the highest accreditation standards set by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
Are there scholarships available?
Nearly 100% of our full-time, undergraduate residential students receive ORU grants and scholarships through academic achievement and through ORU’s premier scholarship opportunity of our Quest Whole Leader Scholarship. To learn more about financial aid, click here.