Master of Education in
Teaching & Educational Leadership - Interdisciplinary
Many careers today require leaders to blend industry-specific skills with the ability to mentor, instruct, and manage a variety of teams and people. This dynamic program will equip you to lead, teach, and work with organizations and individuals outside the traditional school system. It uniquely offers you the flexibility to specialize in your area of interest by taking 5 courses (15 semester hours) in another College at the graduate level.
Graduate level classes from other Colleges may be taken in areas such as business, intercultural studies, pastoral care, practical theology, biblical studies, and professional counseling. Class schedules and delivery method will differ by College.
Education classes are taught in a hybrid, modular format consisting of 2½ days of face-to-face sessions accompanied by online pre-and post-assignments. Fall sessions are held in September, October, and November. Spring sessions are held in January, February, and March.
A Master of Education in Teaching & Educational Leadership will enable you to:
- Critically and constructively evaluate the philosophical foundation of various issues and systems from a Christian worldview
- Develop and communicate an inspiring vision using a variety of research methods and communication strategies
- Analyze the change process of your organization and implement various strategies for leading change
- Lead ethically in personal conduct, relationships, decision-making, and resource stewardship
- Develop, implement and evaluate equitable leadership policies and systems to ensure that each stakeholder is treated fairly, with an understanding of culture and context
Career opportunities include:
- Training and development manager
- Program consultant
- Missions team leader
- Pastoral care
- Biblican researcher and historian
- Program developer for public, private, and non-profit organizations
Are there scholarships available?
Many of our students receive ORU grants and scholarships through academic achievement and through ORU’s premier scholarship opportunity of our Quest Whole Leader Scholarship. Click on the links below for more information:
- Quest Whole Leader Graduate Scholarships
- College of Education Graduate Scholarships
- Graduate Tuition and Financial Aid
Dr. Patrick Otto, Ed.D.
College of Education