Ed.D. Christian School Administration
This is where your passion meets your purpose. Designed for the working educator, this comprehensive program will equip you for Superintendent leadership in a Christian school. It is aligned to the National Educational Leadership Preparation (NELP) standards and will enable you to successfully complete state certification, as well as the nationally recognized Performance Assessment for School Leaders (PASL) exam offered by ETS®. PASL certification provides unique recognition of your ability to effectively use school improvement strategies.
Classes are taught in a hybrid, modular format consisting of 2½ days of face-to-face sessions, Thursday evening through Saturday afternoon, accompanied by online pre- and post-assignments. Fall sessions are held in September, October, and November; spring sessions are held in January, February, March, and April. This 54-hour, non-cohort program is designed to be completed in a minimum of three years, including dissertation. Admission is continuous, with program entry at any point in the fall or spring.
An Ed.D. in Educational Leadership: christian School Administration will equip you to:
- Apply theories of organization and administration of Christian schools, pre-K through senior high school, to promote community engagement, productive partnerships, collaborative communication, and effective representation
- Critically and constructively evaluate the philosophical foundation of various issues and systems from a Christian worldview
- Identify and integrate the leadership knowledge, skills, and dispositions necessary to plan, implement, and lead future-focused change efforts in educational organizations
- Understand the legal challenges surrounding finance, policy-making, governance, and politics
- Understand the components of professional learning communities and implement a collaborative culture in a school environment
- Select and analyze research in order to design an applied research project, drawing on knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods, program evaluation, and reporting
Career opportunities include:
- Christian School Superintendent
- Christian School Principal
- Churches, Missions, and Non-Profit Institutions
- Training and Development Manager
- Curriculum Developer / Instructional Coordinator
Are There Scholarships Available?
The Graduate School of Education provides the following Graduate Scholarships.
Dr. Patrick Otto
College of Education