Need help with your MODERN FOREIGN LANGUAGE class?
The Cultural Center at ORU provides free service to any ORU students in foreign language courses. Our tutors assist students fulfilling their target language class requirement as well as additional tutoring as desired. The following languages are offered:
Walk in sessions are available for residential students. Advantage and online students may schedule an appointment through Accudemia.
Residential students do not need to schedule an appointment.
For Advantage and Online students, follow the steps below to make an appointment:
1. Go to Accudemia
2. Select “New Appointment”
3. Select “Academic Tutoring Center” and either "Tutoring-in-person" or "Tutoring - (Virtual Zoom)"
4. Select your target language
5. View available tutoring times and pick the date and time
6. Confirm your appointment
7. Look in your email for an appointment confirmation
8. At the time of the appointment, click the "Join Session" button from the homepage of Accudemia to join your virtual session via Zoom.
Learning Resource Center – 2nd floor – Room 232C
Monday – Thursday: 9 am – 9 pm
Friday: 9 am – 7 pm
Saturday: 10 am – 6 pm
See schedule for tutor availability.
The Cultural Center contains eight computer stations for students to watch movies, use Cultural Center software, and access online resources. There is also a "TV corner" where a small group can enjoy watching a movie in their target language. There is a large array of books, magazines, DVDs, CD-ROMs, and audio CDs that can acquaint students with another country's culture and teach various aspects of language construction. Students in language classes may make free copies for class and additional copy services are available for 10 cents per page.