APPLYING FOR QUEST SCHOLARSHIPS AND FELLOWSHIPS
If you are a well-rounded student dreaming of furthering your education with a graduate degree from ORU, complete the 5 steps below to be considered for our Quest Whole Leader Scholarship and Fellows Program.
We're looking for servant leaders who are spiritually alive, intellectually alert, physically disciplined, socially adept and professionally competent.
5 Steps to Qualify
- Step 1: Be admitted to ORU for the following academic year.
Start your application for admission.
- Step 2: Submit a separate application for a Quest Whole Leader Scholarship or Fellowship.
Submit your Quest application.
- Step 3: Email a PDF resumé or curriculum vitae to email@example.com.
See detailed instructions below.
- Step 4: Email a PDF essay to firstname.lastname@example.org on a topic selected by the graduate school.
Read essay topics.
- Step 5: If selected as a qualified candidate, you may be invited to participate in an interview on ORU's campus or via an online video conference.
GUIDELINES AND ELIGIBILITY
Awarding and Renewal
- Graduate scholarship and fellowship awards for the Quest Whole Leader Scholarship Program are determined by the Scholarship Review Committee, the ORU provost and the deans of ORU's graduate schools.
- Awards cannot be combined with other graduate scholarships from ORU.
- Awards are not transferable and must be used the year they are awarded.
- Awards are good for up to three years of full-time enrollment.
- Awards are reviewed annually. Renewal of an award is contingent upon having satisfactorily fulfilled all requirements of the award, as well as remaining in good standing with the University as determined by the University Discipline Committee.
- The University reserves the right to reduce or revoke a Quest Whole Leader Scholarship or Fellowship should a recipient violate the Honor Code or residential life policies as outlined in the ORU Student Handbook.
- Eligibility is limited to new students accepted to a residential graduate program at ORU and current ORU residential graduate students who have completed twelve or fewer hours of graduate study in their program of interest at ORU.
RESUMÉ OR CURRICULUM VITAE INSTRUCTIONS
As a part of your application for the Quest Whole Leader Scholarship Program, please send
your resumé or curriculum vitae as a PDF to email@example.com.
Organize your resumé or curriculum vitae into the following categories:
- Intellectually Alert: Participant must show depth and breadth of knowledge. Any certification, completed programs and academic accomplishments may be listed under this section.
- Physically Disciplined: Participant must show examples of a healthy lifestyle. This would include: well-being, exercise, nutrition and care of the body, etc.
- Spiritually Alive: Participant must show examples of spiritual development through different avenues: church, missions, volunteer work, etc.
- Socially Adept: Participant must exemplify an ability to relate to others in various situations. Any community service or related work, club memberships, etc. should be included here.
- Professionally Competent: Participant must share work experience and any accomplishments in their field of work.