Need Help Migrating Contacts?
Please make an appointment with the Student Help Desk if you need any help with migrating your Contacts from Groupwise to Office 365. They will have a technician and a station set up down in the Academic Labs to assist you. Call 918-495-6321 or email email@example.com to set up your appointment.
Exporting Contacts from Groupwise:
- Log into Groupwise on a PC.
- Note: Contacts cannot be exported from a Mac or from Web Access.
- Click on the Address Book button in the menu bar, then right click on Contacts (or a personal address book you want to export) and choose Export Book.
- In the window that opens, navigate to the Desktop; then name the file "Groupwise Contacts" and, under the drop down menu next to "Save as Type," choose "All Files:"
- Click Save.
- Note: This will save your Contacts as a CSV (Comma Separated Values) file.
Import Contacts From a CSV File:
First follow the steps above to export your contacts into a CSV file.
- Sign into Office 365.
- Go to Contacts, and then click Import in the toolbar. Or, go to Options > My Account > Shortcuts to other things you can do, and then click Import your contacts from an existing email account.
- Enter the path to the .csv file with your contacts, or click Browse to locate your file.
- Click Next.
- Wait while your contacts are imported.
- When the import is complete, click Finish.
- If the same contact is in your Contacts folder and in the .csv file, a duplicate contact will be created.
- If you try to import too many contacts, you'll see an error message. Use a program such as Excel to open the file and break it into smaller files, and then import each file.