1. Go to court, and to file a domestic abuse complaint requesting an order restraining your attacker from abusing you;
  2. Seek a criminal complaint for threats, assault and battery, or other related offenses;
  3. Seek medical treatment (the police will arrange transportation for you to the nearest hospital or otherwise assist you in obtaining medical treatment if you wish);
  4. Request the police remain at the scene until your safety is otherwise ensured;
  5. Request that a police officer assist you by arranging transportation or by taking you to a safe place, such as a shelter or a family or friend's residence; and
  6. Obtain a copy of the police incident report at no cost from the police department. 

As a victim of a violent crime, you have certain rights.  The website address where victims can access a full list of their rights, additional information, and how to apply for crime victim compensation assistance is:    

 www.ok.gov/dac/ or 1-405-264-5000

  • Once logged in highlight: Victims Services
  • Then click on:  Victims Rights

Take the next step
toward your career.