Commencement will be held in the Mabee Center at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, May 2nd, 2020. ORU's Health and Safety task force will continue to monitor the situation surrounding COVID-19 and will notify us of any changes. Please contact the Registrar’s Office at 918-495-6916 or registrar.oru.edu for additional commencement information.
Students planning to graduate during the 2019-2020 academic year should complete the following steps prior to commencement:
- ADVISEMENT: Attend advisement week and schedule a meeting with your academic advisor if needed.
- DEGREE EVALUATION: View your degree evaluation and unofficial transcripts on Vision as needed to check your progress during the fall and spring semesters.
- SENIOR AUDIT: If you plan to graduate in 2020, please schedule a senior audit (for undergraduates)
or graduate audit (for masters and doctoral students). All audits will be done remotely
by phone, email, or Zoom (Central Standard time) for the remainder of the spring semester.
When signing up for an audit, please indicate your preferred method of contact in
the notes section or email the appropriate staff member with the needed information.
- APPLICATION TO GRADUATE: Apply to graduate after September 4th on Vision. Students should apply no later than April 1st, 2020 in order to have their information listed in the commencement program.
- CHECK GRADUATION INFORMATION: View your application to graduate to ensure that your name, program information, and contact information is correct. Please contact email@example.com if changes should be made.
Graduation Fair will be virtually meeting on April 15th! A link to the meeting and the time will be provided as we get closer to the 15th. You are now able to purchase your Regalia! A great thing to take graduation pictures with no matter where you are! In order to purchase your Regalia, fill out the Regalia Order Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Conferral date of December 14, 2019)
If you are planning to finish all degree requirements during the fall 2019 semester, please submit your application to graduate no later than December 1st, 2019.
You will be kept up to date on Commencement and Rehearsal as well as additional pertinent information concerning graduation as it becomes available. Please be sure to update your address and phone information at the end of the fall semester. Also, be sure to continue to check your ORU email account as that is where information will be directed.
(Conferral date of August 31, 2020)
If you are planning to participate in commencement but will not have all coursework completed by May 2nd, 2020, you must fill out a petition to participate in commencement. This petition will be available January 10th through April 1st on petitions.oru.edu. It must clearly state which courses you will be completing after commencement and show proof of enrollment in these courses. In order to participate in commencement with outstanding requirements, approval is needed by your major department, college, the Office of Institutional Effectiveness, and the Registrar’s Office no later than April 25th, 2019.
If you have completed all degree requirements in a previous term but do not have an active application to graduate on file, please contact email@example.com to complete an application manually.