Students planning to graduate during the 2020-2021 academic year should complete the following steps prior to commencement:
- ADVISEMENT: Attend advisement week and schedule a meeting with your academic advisor if needed.
- DEGREE EVALUATION: View your degree evaluation and unofficial transcripts on Vision as needed to check your progress during the fall and spring semesters.
- SENIOR AUDIT: If you plan to graduate in Fall 2020, Spring 2021, or Summer 2021, please schedule a senior audit (for undergraduates) or graduate audit (for masters and doctoral students). All audits will be done remotely by phone, email, or Zoom (Central Standard time). When signing up for an audit, please indicate your preferred method of contact in the notes section or email the appropriate staff member with the needed information.
- APPLICATION TO GRADUATE: Applications to graduate are due on December 1st.
- CHECK GRADUATION INFORMATION: View your application to graduate to ensure that your name, program information, and contact information is correct. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if changes should be made.
Graduates, Oral Roberts University is excited to celebrate you and your accomplishments
at Commencement on May 1st, 2021!
On Friday, April 30th, 2021, our graduates’ colleges and departments will be hosting hooding and investiture ceremonies throughout the day. If your guests are unfamiliar with the campus, a campus map is available here. The Commencement ceremony will begin at 1:00 pm CT on Saturday, May 1 with doors opening at 11:30 am.
For those unable to attend, the ceremony will stream live at oru.edu. Additionally, Commencement will air live on the GEB TV Network; please check local listings for viewing in your area or visit GEB.TV.
For additional Commencement information, please contact the Registrar’s Office at 918-495-6916 or email@example.com.
(Conferral date of December 12, 2020)
If you were planning to finish all degree requirements during the fall 2020 semester, you should submit your application to graduate by December 1st, 2020.
You will be kept up-to-date on Commencement and Rehearsal as well as additional pertinent information concerning graduation as it becomes available. Please be sure to update your address and phone information at the end of the fall semester. Also, be sure to continue to check your ORU email account as that is where information will be directed.
(Conferral date of August 31, 2021)
If you are planning to participate in Commencement but do not have all coursework complete by May 1st, 2020, you should fill out a petition to participate in Commencement by April 1st, 2021. Your petition should clearly state which courses you will be completing after commencement and show proof of enrollment in these courses. In order to participate in commencement with outstanding requirements, approval is needed by your major department, college, the Office of Institutional Effectiveness, and the Registrar’s Office no later than April 15th, 2021.
If you have completed all degree requirements in a previous term but do not have an active application to graduate on file, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to complete an application manually.