Graduates, Oral Roberts University is excited to welcome you back to campus July 31
and August 1 for the 2020 Commencement events. We can’t wait to celebrate you and
While we have developed a thorough safety plan, please keep in mind that guidance may change leading up to the graduation events. Updates will be posted on this page.
On Friday, July 31, our graduates’ colleges and departments will be hosting hooding and investiture ceremonies throughout the day. Please visit this link to see the complete schedule and locations for each event, as well as parking assignments. If your guests are unfamiliar with the campus, a campus map is available here. Graduates will be required to wear 2020 Commencement Commemorative masks, which will be provided by the University. All guests must provide their own masks (required) and attendance at these ticketed ceremonies will be limited to four guests per graduate. Your college or department will distribute tickets.
In addition to these ceremonies, Commencement rehearsal, mandatory for graduates, will take place on Friday July 31, at noon at the Mabee Center. Guest tickets for Commencement will be distributed at rehearsal and not beforehand, so it is imperative that all graduates attend Commencement rehearsal. Masks will be required.
The Commencement ceremony will begin at 1:00 pm CT on Saturday, August 1 with doors opening at 11:30 am. Graduates and their guests will be required to masks upon arriving at the Mabee Center and keep them on throughout the ceremony. Graduates will be allowed to remove masks as they step onto the stage to receive their diplomas but must put them back on while seated and during the recessional.
To allow for physical distancing of family and friends, we will be limiting attendance to four guests per graduate, and masks are required while inside the Mabee Center. We also ask that anyone feeling unwell that day choose not to attend. Every attendee will need a ticket to enter the Commencement ceremonies. Graduates will receive their allotted tickets at Commencement rehearsal on Friday; any graduates who need fewer than four tickets may return them at rehearsal to be distributed by the University on a first-come-first-serve basis. We will post updates to this page Friday evening for information on obtaining any extra tickets. For those unable to attend, the ceremony will stream live at oru.edu. Additionally, Commencement will air live on the GEB TV Network; please check local listings for viewing in your area or visit GEB.TV.
On Commencement day, we ask that all your guests enter the Mabee Center together so ushers can accommodate for physical distancing in seating. At the conclusion of the ceremony, graduates will be dismissed in groups to exit through the Global Learning Center (GLC) on the east side of the Mabee Center. We ask graduates’ guests to remain in their seats until they see their graduate dismissed. At that time, guests may exit the Mabee Center to meet graduates as they exit the GLC.
We look forward to this reunion and celebration of your graduation!
For further health and safety questions, email the ORU Health and Safety Task force at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional Commencement information, please contact the Registrar’s Office at 918-495-6916 or email@example.com.
Students planning to graduate during the 2019-2020 academic year should complete the following steps prior to commencement:
- ADVISEMENT: Attend advisement week and schedule a meeting with your academic advisor if needed.
- DEGREE EVALUATION: View your degree evaluation and unofficial transcripts on Vision as needed to check your progress during the fall and spring semesters.
- SENIOR AUDIT: If you plan to graduate in 2020, please schedule a senior audit (for undergraduates)
or graduate audit (for masters and doctoral students). All audits will be done remotely
by phone, email, or Zoom (Central Standard time) for the remainder of the spring semester.
When signing up for an audit, please indicate your preferred method of contact in
the notes section or email the appropriate staff member with the needed information.
- APPLICATION TO GRADUATE: Applications to graduate were due on April 1st. If you still need to apply to graduate, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CHECK GRADUATION INFORMATION: View your application to graduate to ensure that your name, program information, and contact information is correct. Please contact email@example.com if changes should be made.
Graduation Fair was held as a virtual meeting on Thursday, April 16th at 1 pm. A recording of the Grad Fair Webinar can be found here. Here's a brief summary of announcements that were shared.
- You are now able to purchase your Regalia! This is required to walk at commencement on August 1st. In order to purchase your Regalia, fill out the Regalia Order Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please designate your degree type and major on the order form. EX: B.A._Biblical Literature.
- We are having our annual, complimentary Alumni Parent & Legacy Student Breakfast on August 1, 9:30-10:30. If one or both of your parents graduated from ORU or just attended ORU and you want to attend this breakfast, your alumni parents need to RSVP by Thursday, July 23 by going to eventinterface.com/ORULegacyGrad20.
- We will have a hooding ceremony for each department on Friday, July 31st. This is a time to celebrate graduation with your department! For the schedule and location please click here.
- You can purchase class rings from Jostens at jostens.com/collegerings.
(Conferral date of December 14, 2019)
If you were planning to finish all degree requirements during the fall 2019 semester, you should have submitted your application to graduate by December 1st, 2019.
You will be kept up-to-date on Commencement and Rehearsal as well as additional pertinent information concerning graduation as it becomes available. Please be sure to update your address and phone information at the end of the fall semester. Also, be sure to continue to check your ORU email account as that is where information will be directed.
(Conferral date of August 31, 2020)
If you are planning to participate in Commencement but did not have all coursework completed by May 2nd, 2020, you should have filled out a petition to participate in Commencement by April 1st, 2020. Your petition should have clearly stated which courses you will be completing after commencement and show proof of enrollment in these courses. In order to participate in commencement with outstanding requirements, approval is needed by your major department, college, the Office of Institutional Effectiveness, and the Registrar’s Office no later than July 15th, 2020.
If you have completed all degree requirements in a previous term but do not have an active application to graduate on file, please contact email@example.com to complete an application manually.