Bachelor of Science inCommunication
Your Communications Degree Starts Here
Oral Roberts University’s online Bachelor of Science in Communication program will
equip you to become a communication professional in today’s information-driven society.
You will graduate with excellent writing, speaking and media skills to enable you
to stand out from the competition.
More than this, our commitment to educating your whole person—mind, body, and spirit—can
truly set you apart to build a versatile communication career that can work in media
campaigns, grant writing or public relations. You will develop the leadership qualities
you need to become a force for good in one of today’s most vital profession.
WHAT CAN I DO WITH A DEGREE IN COMMUNICATION?
Our unique mission to develop Spirit-empowered leaders will enable you to become a
skilled communication specialist in science, business or the non-profit world. Your
degree will prepare you to serve in potential occupations, such as:
- Corporate Communication Manager
- Grant Writer
- Nonprofit Fundraising and Development
- Policy Advocate or Lobbyist
- Convention, Meeting and Event Planner
- Employee Relations Specialist
- Law and Politics
WHAT DISTINCT COURSES WILL I TAKE?
To become a skilled communication professional, you will take various courses such
- Interpersonal Communication
- Advanced Public Speaking
- Communication Theory
- Intercultural Communication
- Training and Development
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE ME TO GRADUATE?
This program is 124 credit hours. If you were to begin without transferring credit,
you could still complete this degree in as little as 3.5 years when you enroll full-time.
We consider full-time enrollment for this program as 6 credit hours per 7-week term
with 6 terms per year.
HOW MUCH DOES THIS PROGRAM COST?
Our affordable tuition means your finances go further. In addition, many students
benefit from federal aid and our interest-free payment plan. To view your cost, click here.
ANY OTHER REASONS TO COMPLETE MY DEGREE ONLINE WITH ORU?
- Graduate on time with a Success Coach who will walk with you every step of the way.
- Fit classes into your schedule so you can balance work and family commitments.
- Receive academic support with easy access to caring professors and helpful learning
- Access classes anytime and anywhere with our mobile-friendly and user-friendly online
- ORU Online is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and utilizes the
same world-class curriculum as traditional courses.
Ask us about our introductory Online Strategies class that will jump-start your journey
with 3 credit hours towards your degree. Experience what students around the world
have gained earning a degree with ORU Online.
Top Regional College
Ranked the Top Regional College in the West (US News & World Report)
Scholarships & Financial Aid
ORU offers financial opportunities for US and international students
Join a community of believers from over 140 nations
Oral Roberts University is one of the largest and most influential Christian universities
in the world. We develop whole leaders for the whole world through a unique Whole
Person education. Spirit-empowered leaders come to ORU, not to “stay” in their faith,
but to GROW in faith.