Bachelor of Arts Degree in
Ministry and Leadership (Local Church Pastor)
Oral Roberts University’s Bachelor of Arts in Ministry and Leadership (Local Church Pastor) is a 100% online program that can prepare you for congregation ministry and works of service so that the body of Christ is built and flourishes. It emphasizes a strong biblical/theological foundation and provides well-balanced training in the theory and practice of pastoral ministry.
More than this, our commitment to educating your whole person - mind, body, and spirit - can truly set you apart for ministry. You will graduate with pastoral dispositions and abilities to help you train, supervise, lead and nurture a local congregation of believers; in addition to skills in preaching and teaching the Bible, evangelism, mission work, and discipleship.
What can I do with a degree in Ministry and Leadership?
Our unique mission to develop Spirit-empowered leaders will enable you to become an
in-demand professional as a pastor. Your degree will prepare you to serve in potential
occupations, such as:
- Youth pastor
- Children’s pastor
What distinct courses will I take?
You will take various courses such as:
- Pastoral Approaches to Counseling
- Sermon Preparation and Preaching
- Church Administration
- Team Ministry
- Church Growth and Planting
How long will it take me to graduate?
This program is 124 credit hours. If you were to begin without transferring credit, you could still complete this degree in as little as 3.5 years when you enroll full-time. We consider full-time enrollment for this program as 6 credit hours per 7-week term with 6 terms per year.
How much does this program cost?
Our affordable tuition means your finances go further. In addition, many students benefit from federal aid and our interest-free payment plan. To view your cost, click here.
Any other reasons to complete my degree online with ORU?
- You’ll graduate on time with a team of Success Coaches who’ll walk with you every step of the way.
- You can begin classes ASAP with year-round terms and direct access to our friendly admissions team.
- Fit classes into your schedule so you can balance work and family commitments.
- Academic support with easy access to caring professors and helpful learning resources.
- Access classes anytime and anywhere with our mobile-friendly and user-friendly online platform.
- ORU Online is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and utilizes the same world-class curriculum as traditional courses.
Ask us about our introductory Online Strategies class that will jump-start your journey with 3-credit hours towards your degree. Experience what students around the world have gained earning a degree with ORU Online.