Bachelor of Arts in
Oral Roberts University’s online Bachelor of Arts in Communication program will equip you to become a communication professional in today’s media-driven society. You will graduate with excellent writing, speaking and training skills to enable you to stand out from the competition.
More than this, our commitment to educating your whole person—mind, body, and spirit—can truly set you apart to build a versatile communication career that can work in media campaigns, customer relations or event planning. You will develop the leadership qualities you need to become a force for good in one of today’s most vital professions.
What can I do with a degree in Communication?
Our unique mission to develop Spirit-empowered leaders will enable you to become a skilled communication specialist in business, non-profit or public worlds. Your degree will prepare you to serve in potential occupations, such as:
- Convention, Meeting and Event Planner
- Corporate Communication Manager
- Non-Profit Fundraising and Development
- Grant Writer
- Employee Relations Specialist
- Policy Advocate or Lobbyist
- Law & Politics
What distinct courses will I take?
To become a skilled communication professional, you will take various courses such as:
- Interpersonal Communication
- Advanced Public Speaking
- Communication Theory
- Training and Development
How long will it take me to graduate?
This program is 120 credit hours. If you were to begin without transferring credit, you could complete this degree in as little as 45 months when you enroll full-time. We consider full-time enrollment for this program as 3 credit hours per 7-week term with 6 terms per year.
How much does this program cost?
Our affordable tuition means your finances go further. In addition, many students benefit from federal aid and our interest-free payment plan. To view your cost, click here.
Any other reasons to complete my degree online with ORU?
- Graduate on time with a Success Coach who will walk with you every step of the way.
- Fit classes into your schedule so you can balance work and family commitments.
- Receive academic support with easy access to caring professors and helpful learning resources.
- Access classes anytime and anywhere with our mobile-friendly and user-friendly online platform.
- ORU Online is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and utilizes the same world-class curriculum as traditional courses.
Ask us about our introductory Online Strategies class that will jump-start your journey with 3 credit hours towards your degree. Experience what students around the world have gained earning a degree with ORU Online.