Oral Roberts University’s Master of Christian Ministry is a 100% online program that can equip you to serve on the front lines of the Spirit-empowered movement today. You will graduate with practical knowledge of ministry, grounded in Scriptures, taught by faculty with both pastoral and ministry experience. This degree is also taught in Spanish for native speakers.
More than this, our commitment to educating your whole person—mind, body, and spirit—can truly set you apart with a practical online ministry degree for anyone who feels called to serve in church, para-church or ministry training settings. It is designed for who have been out of college for at least two years, and who are looking for an affordable way to study the bible, theology, spirituality, and ministry from both pastoral and community viewpoints.
How will a Master of Christian Ministry advance my career?
Our unique mission to develop Spirit-empowered leaders can enhance your effectiveness as you serve in these ministry-related occupations:
- Associate Pastors
- Ministry Leaders
- Lay Leaders
- Missionary / Evangelist
- Bible Teacher
- Church Administrators
What distinct courses will I take?
To earn a Master of Christian Ministry, you will take various courses such as:
- Biblical Hermeneutics
- Spirit-Empowered Ministry
- Old Testament Synthesis
- New Testament Synthesis
- Teaching Ministries
How long will it take me to graduate?
This program is 30-credit hours. You could complete this degree in as little as 20 months when you enroll full-time. We consider full-time enrollment for this program as taking one 3-credit hour course over a 7-week term, with 6 terms per year. You take each course with those you enter the program with, and meet up with your instructor and cohort in a webinar 4 times in each course. You complete the program by creating an applied project, such as authoring an e-book, creating a 6-hour ministry workshop, or designing a multi-part sermon series/ study curriculum.
How much does this program cost?
Our affordable tuition means your finances go further. In addition, many students benefit from federal aid and our interest-free payment plan. To view your cost, click here.
Any other reasons to complete my degree online with ORU?
- You’ll graduate on time with a team of Success Coaches who’ll walk with you every step of the way.
- You can begin classes ASAP with year-round terms and direct access to our friendly admissions team.
- Fit classes into your schedule so you can balance work and family commitments.
- Academic support with easy access to caring professors and helpful learning resources.
- Access classes anytime and anywhere with our mobile-friendly and user-friendly online platform.
- ORU Online is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and utilizes the same world-class curriculum as traditional courses.
Ask us about our introductory 7-day Graduate Orientation class that will jump-start your graduate studies. Experience what students around the world have gained earning a degree with ORU Online