Oral Roberts University's Doctor of Strategic Leadership (DSL) is a multi-disciplinary program for mid- to senior career professionals who are passionate about their purpose and about solving real-world problems through participatory research. Upon completion, the DSL graduate is able to recast their future, create meaningful change, and cultivate talent through coaching.
More than this, ORU’s commitment to educating the whole person—spirit, mind, and body—can truly set you apart as a Spirit-empowered leader with a doctoral degree. You’ll step into your destiny as a whole leader who can empower individuals, teams, and organizations to reach their God-given potential.
WILL A DSL ADVANCE MY CAREER?
Your degree will advance your career, no matter what industry you serve:
- Communication & Media
- Educational Services
- Faith Communities
- Healthcare Services
- Information Systems
- Management Services
- Military, Defense & Security
- Government & Public Services
WHAT DISTINCT COURSES WILL I TAKE?
- Spirit-Empowered Leadership
- Critical Inquiry & Research Methods
- Coaching & Talent Development
- Organizational Culture & Design
- Modeling Systems Change
- Global Entrepreneurship
- Collaborative Leadership
- Innovation & Change Management
- Decision and Data Analytics
WHAT CONCENTRATIONS CAN I CHOOSE?
Building on distinct core courses and in preparation for your doctoral project, second-year DSL students take a 3-course concentration that qualifies them to sit for a credentialing exam in one of three areas:
- Leadership Coaching
- Change Management
- Strategic Foresight
Through your Doctor of Strategic Leadership, you’ll be grounded in theory and practice vital to organizational success.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE ME TO GRADUATE?
The DSL is 48-credit hour program. You could complete this degree in as little as 33 months when you enroll full-time. ORU considers full-time enrollment as taking one 3-credit course in consecutive 7-week terms. With two courses per semester, Fall, Spring, and Summer, students earn 18-credits a year to usually graduate in three years or less.
HOW MUCH DOES THIS PROGRAM COST?
ORU's affordable tuition means your finances go further. In addition, many students benefit from federal aid and our interest-free payment plan. To view your cost, click here.
ANY OTHER REASONS TO COMPLETE MY DEGREE ONLINE WITH ORU?
- You’ll graduate on time with a team of Success Coaches who’ll walk with you every step of the way.
- You can apply ASAP given our Fall and Spring starts. You’ll have direct access to our friendly admissions team.
- You’ll study year-round but fit classes into your schedule to balance work and family commitments.
- Academic support with access to award-winning professors and helpful learning resources.
- Meet up with your classmates every two weeks for an instructor-led virtual workshop.
- Access classes anytime and anywhere with our mobile-friendly and user-friendly online platform.
- ORU Online is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) with a world-class curriculum developed by ORU faculty.
Ask us about our introductory 7-day Graduate Orientation class that will jump-start your doctoral studies--experience what students worldwide have gained from earning a degree with ORU Online.