Master of Science in Computer Science
Concentration in Computer Science
Computer Science is an essential feature of the ongoing technological innovation that we see in our daily lives; these innovations advance the modern world while making our lives and jobs easier. ORU’s Master of Science in Computer Science with a Concentration in Computer Science (MSCS-CS) is a comprehensive and professionally-oriented program that will prepare and equip you to step into a high-level position within a multitude of fields.
The program features a carefully designed curriculum at the forefront of Computer Science, Data Science, AI, and Software Engineering with student access to cutting-edge technology including Tulsa's only supercomputer, Titan, and two brand new computer labs.
Our award-winning Christian faculty will guide you as you pursue your concentration within this program and graduate ready to use your professional skills and knowledge to improve and lead your career field.
Apply NowFAST-TRACK OPTION
Click here to access the ORU Fast Track Program Application.
The Computer Science Concentration in the Master of Science in Computer Science program aims to:
- Innovatively respond to intensifying student, business, and societal demands amid the exponential growth of computer science in virtually all areas of life.
- Analyze complex, real-world problems and apply principles of computer science and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computer science practice based on ethical and moral principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in computer science activities.
- Apply creative and innovative solutions to real-world problems within the context of a Christian worldview.
- Build an advanced foundation of computer science related to all domains of computer and data science.
- Enhance your core experience with computer science, computing ethics, data structures, database development, advanced algorithm, software engineering, computational complexity, and more.
- Prepare you for a successful and advanced career in fields such as high-performance computing, software engineering, DevOps engineering, data engineering, computer systems and program analysis, applications programming, database administering, data communications analysis, and network systems analysis, just to name a few.
WHAT LEARNING FORMATS ARE AVAILABLE FOR THIS PROGRAM?
We offer this program in a residential learning format on our beautiful campus in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
What makes ORU’s MASTER OF SCIENCE IN COMPUTER SCIENCE PROGRAM WITH A COMPUTER SCIENCE CONCENTRATION stand out?
- Faculty with extensive and current industry experience in the more advanced fields of Computer Science.
- A comprehensive curriculum that includes courses in Distributed Systems, Advanced Algorithms, and Automata and Complexity Theory.
- Access to cutting-edge computing research facilities and research.
ARE THERE SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE?
There are several scholarships available to students in the Graduate Program. To learn more about financial aid, click here.
Office of Graduate Admissions