Master of Science in
Computer science and data science are integral parts of the ongoing technological innovation that we see in our daily lives; these innovations advance the modern world while making lives and jobs easier. ORU’s MSCS (Master of Science in Computer Science) is a comprehensive and professionally-oriented program that will prepare and equip you to step into a high-level position within a multitude of fields. Our award-winning Christian faculty will guide you as you pursue your concentration within this program and graduate ready to use your professional skills and knowledge to improve and lead your career field.
The MSCS has two concentrations
- Master of Science in Computer Science with a concentration in Computer Science
- Master of Science in Computer Science with a concentration in Data Science
These new programs feature a carefully designed curriculum at the forefront of Computer Science, Data Science, AI, and Software Engineering with student access to cutting-edge technology including Tulsa's only supercomputer and two brand new computer labs.
The concentrations in the Master of Science in Computer Science program aim to:
- Innovatively respond to intensifying student, business, and societal demands amid the exponential growth of computer and data science in virtually all areas of life
- Analyze complex, real-world problems and apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on ethical and moral principles
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in computing activities
- Apply creative and innovative solutions to real-world problems within the context of a Christian worldview
- Sharpen and advance your skills for collecting, shaping, storing, visualizing, and analyzing data as an important resource for organizations to allow for data-informed decision making
- Build an advanced foundation of computer science related to all domains of computer and data science
- Enhance your core experience with computing ethics, data structures, database development, advanced algorithm, software engineering, computational complexity, and more
- Prepare you for a successful and advanced career in fields such as high-performance computing, software engineering, DevOps engineering, data engineering, computer systems and program analysis, applications programming, database administering, data communications analysis, and network systems analysis just to name a few
WHAT LEARNING FORMATS ARE AVAILABLE FOR THIS PROGRAM?
We offer this program in a residential learning format on our beautiful campus in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
ARE THERE SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE?
There are several scholarships available to students in the Graduate Program. To learn more about financial aid, click here.
Office of Graduate Admissions