Master of Science
Concentration in Data Science
Computer Science with a Concentration in Data Science (MSCS-DS) is a comprehensive and professionally-oriented program that will prepare and equip you to step into a high-level position within a multitude of fields.
The program features a carefully designed curriculum at the forefront of Data Science, Computer Science, AI, and Software Engineering with student access to cutting-edge technology including Tulsa's only supercomputer, Titan, and two brand new computer labs.
Our award-winning Christian faculty will guide you as you pursue your concentration within this program and graduate ready to use your professional skills and knowledge to improve and lead your career field.
Click here to access the ORU Fast Track Program Application.
The Data Science Concentration in the Master of Science in Computer Science program aims to:
- Innovatively respond to intensifying student, business, and societal demands amid the exponential growth data science in virtually all areas of life.
- Analyze complex, real-world problems and apply principles of data science and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in data science practice based on ethical and moral principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in data science activities.
- Apply creative and innovative solutions to real-world problems within the context of a Christian worldview.
- Sharpen and advance your skills for collecting, shaping, storing, visualizing, and analyzing data as an important resource for organizations to allow for data-informed decision making.
- Build an advanced foundation of computer science related to all domains of computer and data science.
- Enhance your core experience with computing ethics, AI/ML, big data, data structures, database development, advanced algorithm, software engineering, computational complexity, and more.
- Prepare you for a successful and advanced career in fields such as data science, data engineering, high-performance computing, software engineering, DevOps engineering, data engineering, computer systems and program analysis, applications programming, database administering, data communications analysis, and network systems analysis just to name a few.
WHAT LEARNING FORMATS ARE AVAILABLE FOR THIS PROGRAM?
We offer this program in a residential learning format on our beautiful campus in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
What makes ORU’s MASTER OF SCIENCE IN COMPUTER SCIENCE PROGRAM WITH A DATA SCIENCE CONCENTRATION stand out?
- Faculty with extensive and current industry experience in the more advanced fields of Data Science.
- A comprehensive curriculum that includes courses in Distributed Systems, Data Mining and Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence.
- Access to cutting-edge computing research facilities and research.
What SCHOLARSHIPS Are AVAILABLE?
There are several scholarships available to students in the Graduate Program. To learn more about financial aid, click here.
Office of Graduate Admissions