As many as ten scholarships of up to $4000, depending on available funding, will be awarded each academic year to students majoring in Print Journalism at Oral Roberts University. Students majoring in Broadcasting Journalism may also apply, but preference is given to Print Journalism majors.
Application must be made in the spring semester for awards for the following
academic year. A student is allowed to receive the scholarship up to four times, but must reapply for each spring. Students not chosen to receive the scholarship in a given year may also apply again the next year.
1. Student must be a full time print or broadcast journalism major.
2. Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
3. Must demonstrate financial need.
1. Student must submit a current Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
to ORU Financial Aid (does not apply to international students).
2. Must submit two writing samples from the past 12 months.
3. Must submit one faculty letter of recommendation specifically for this scholarship.
5. Must submit a 500-word minimum essay covering:
•How God changed your life
•The call you have on your life
•How a degree in Communication Arts factors into that call
•Your plans after graduation