Oral Roberts was told by God to "raise up your students to hear My voice, to go where My light is dim, where My voice is heard small, and My healing power is not known, even to the uttermost bounds of the earth. Their work will exceed yours, and in this I am well pleased”.
Oral Roberts University’s mission is to develop Holy Spirit-empowered leaders through whole person education to impact the world. One way ORU helps our students reach the uttermost bounds to impact the world is through Chapel Offering.
Throughout the year, during biweekly chapel services, students are given the opportunity to contribute to ministries located locally, nationally, and globally.
If you would like to be considered as a Chapel Offering project, please fill out the Chapel Offering Request Form.
The Chapel Offering Committee will meet before each semester to prayerfully select the offering projects for the following semester. If your project request is not selected at this time, please know that it will still be in consideration for the following semester.
You will receive a follow up email if your project has been chosen.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email email@example.com.
Forms to Include on Request Form
Only fill out one of the following and upload on the request form where requested.
United States Address
Please fill out the Vendor Registration form, save, and upload where requested on the request form link.
International Only Address
Please fill out the International Supplier Registration Form, save, and upload where requested on the request form link.
chapel offering project guidelines
Please make requests that will move the hearts of university students to develop in them an increased awareness of the needs of the world and lasting concern for missions.
Applicants are encouraged to submit requests fitting the criteria below.
- It should be tangible, specific and visible
- It should not be of immediate crisis emergency
- It should cost between $2,000-$5,000
- List each item and the specific cost of each item requested
- Evidence of completion must be presented to campus by photos or in person
- The project must be completed in a short period of time.
Please note: airline tickets, travel, monthly support, salaries, overhead expenses, general needs, printing, brochures, public relations, large requests, etc., are not considered for these particular Chapel offerings. Funding is NOT available for projects sponsored by local churches/denominations or their mission departments.
Each project will be reviewed and considered by the Chapel Offering Committee for final selection and approval. If a ministry is chosen, there will be a three-year timeline before a project within the same ministry is selected again, therefore allowing ORU to assist a diverse list of organizations.
A Few Examples of Projects Chosen in the Past:
- Orphanage needs a refrigerator for storing immunization vaccines. Also, need a
cow for milk for the children and an electric generator for electricity.
- Portable dental unit for an orphanage that has 200 children who have been rescued
from the streets.
- An international Christian school needs to buy new desks and chairs for students.
- A municipality in Asia, where open Christian ministry is barred by law, does not provide water and buying water is expensive. Need to bore two wells, install pipes, tank to hold safe drinking water.
- Mud hut church destroyed by severe rains and flooding. Need to rebuild church building.
Project Completion Follow-up:
Upon the project’s completion, please submit proof of the project’s progress in forms such as photos, newsletters, and video testimonials within two months of receiving offering amount.