The Stovall Center for Entrepreneurship’s Launch Competition is an opportunity for people with great ideas to receive mentoring, develop their strategy and pitch to real investors.
We have partnered with SCORE, a thriving community of entrepreneurs and executives who have been successfully helping people take their dream to reality since 1964. Find more information about SCORE by following this link. SCORE will be offering free mentoring and workshops for those participating in the competition. Competitors will also attend monthly meetings with Jim Stovall, who pioneered the Narrative Television Network and has written multiple bestselling books.
We believe in the potential of Oklahoma’s entrepreneurs, and this competition is our way to create avenues for you to pursue your dream, your idea….your business. Fill out your group’s application by September 15 to pursue your great idea.
Who can participate:
- ORU students
- Teams must be from 2 to 5 people.
- There must be one assigned leader in each group.
- Initial group applications are due by September 15. Click here for the online application.
- Competition Guidelines
- Click here for the online business plan and video pitch submission.
This competition spans two semesters and is made up of two rounds of judging. Your team will be assigned a mentor based on the business idea. The mentoring will start in September 16th and will end in December with the final pitch submission. In the Spring, all of the judging rounds will be comprised of our chosen panel who will be judging the teams for the final winning.
- Winners will receive $5,000 to launch their business.
- There will be potential for additional investment.