The Stovall Center for Entrepreneurship’s Launch Competition is an opportunity for people with great ideas to receive mentoring, develop their strategy and pitch to real investors.
We have partnered with SCORE, a thriving community of entrepreneurs and executives who have been successfully helping people take their dream to reality since 1964. SCORE will be offering free mentoring and workshops for those participating in the competition. Competitors will also attend monthly meetings with Jim Stovall, who pioneered the Narrative Television Network and has written multiple bestselling books.
We believe in the potential of Oklahoma’s entrepreneurs, and this competition is our way to create avenues for you to pursue your dream, your idea….your business.
Who can participate:
- ORU students
- Teams must be from 2 to 5 people
- There must be one assigned leader in each group
- Initial group applications for the 2020 competition will be due in the fall of 2020.
- Competition Guidelines
- Click here for the online business plan template
Final Action Items:
- Click here for the final business plan submission form.
- Click here for the mentor sign-off form.
- Click here to upload the 30-60 second pitch video.
This competition spans two semesters and is made up of two rounds of judging. Your team will be assigned a mentor based on the business idea. The mentoring for the 2019 competition began September 16th, 2019 and ends in December with the final pitch submission. In the Spring, all of the judging rounds will be comprised of our chosen panel, who will choose the final winner(s).
- $5,000 in prizes.
- There will be potential for additional investment.