Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ALL POSITIONS UNTIL FILLED.
- Full Time
- Responsible for compliance monitoring and education program.
- Athletic Department liaison to the University Financial Aid, Student Accounts Office, Admissions, Registrar, Housing, Student Affairs, and Faculty Athletic Representative. Assists Athletic Academics with initial eligibility process of all student athletes. Contact with the NCAA Initial Eligibility Center.
- Assists Senior Associate Athletic Director for Internal Operations in the development of compliance policies and procedures.
- Assists with event management of home athletic events on an as needed basis.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of and adhere to applicable NCAA, Conference, University, and departmental rules and regulations. Upon notification of any NCAA violation, report the violation to the Director of Athletics and follow applicable procedures for reporting and investigating a violation with the NCAA.
- Oversee the student-athlete release procedures and any subsequent student-athlete appeals to ensure compliance with NCAA and University policies.
- Process National Letter of Intent and financial aid forms for all sports.
- Provide coaches with continuing education of NCAA Division I and Conference rules and regulations.
- Approve all official visits and monitor on-campus recruiting activities to ensure compliance with NCAA regulations. Organize and manage departmental recruiting efforts to ensure adherence to NCAA guidelines.
- Organize and conduct group orientation program for new and continuing student-athletes to discuss NCAA, Conference and University rules and regulations. Meet with student-athletes periodically to review the University's commitment to compliance with NCAA legislation.
- Assist in development and maintenance of compliance manual and implement policies and procedures as required by the University and NCAA.
- Monitor NCAA rules and new legislation and implement new rules and regulations as required.
- Advise athletic staff and students of new NCAA rules and legislation.
- Maintain and manage all student-athlete rosters. Maintains accurate and up-to-date files with information on student-athletes.
- Develop, manage, and implement a program to inform members of outside athletic support groups of NCAA rules and regulations which might affect them.
- Review and approve all intercollegiate schedules for all sports.
- Assist with event management of home athletic events on an as needed basis to ensure compliance with Conference requirements.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by Senior Associate Athletic Director for Internal Operations.
Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum of one year experience preferred.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and Power Point is preferred.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to make independent decisions and judgments on administrative and procedural issues.
- Ability to analyze facts to determine actions to be taken within the limits of standard practice.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality of information.
- Maintains compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policy and its' procedures.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
Limited to continuing education initiatives and team travel as necessary for compliance purposes.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.