Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ALL POSITIONS UNTIL FILLED.
- Part Time
Assume responsibility for seeing that all messages of instructions are relayed to proper persons in order to keep and ensure the efficient and safe management of University property. Maintain activity log. Day and/or evening shift available.
- Assume responsibility for seeing that all messages and instructions are relayed to proper persons in a timely manner in order to insure the efficient and safe management of University property. Maintain a detailed log of all activities, incidents, messages and instructions throughout the shift.
- Remain calm while responding to emergencies on campus. Notify appropriate emergency vehicles. Follow procedures for inclement weather.
- Notify the engineer at Power Plant of all plumbing problems, electrical and mechanical failures, i.e. stuck elevators.
- Monitor 24 hour alarm system which receives calls on fire and security alarms from all buildings, including: dormitories, personal residences, Bookstore, etc. Notify appropriate persons to respond to alarms.
High School diploma or GED is required.
- Must have accurate keyboarding skills, ability to speak distinctively and write legibly. Dispatcher experience is helpful but not required. Previous work experience in a similar setting preferred but is not required.
- Requires the ability to handle situations dealing with upset individuals while maintaining a professional demeanor at all times. Ability to maintain confidentiality of information. Posses the ability to remain calm and use good judgment regarding departmental procedures and policies dealing with emergencies.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents for eligible positions.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents for eligible positions.
Regularly scheduled hours are directly related to the shift incumbent is being assigned (3 shifts). The scope of the position may require day time, night time, holiday, and/or weekend work. Days and/or assigned shifts are subject to change. Due to the nature of the position incumbent may need to work additional hours, holidays and/or shifts as requested.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.