Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ALL POSITIONS UNTIL FILLED.
- Full Time
This position spearheads the recruitment of students from a multi-state region and serves as a team leader in recruitment efforts for the region.
- Serves as the team leader for multi-state recruitment and outreach. Generates and cultivates leads to apply and commit to the University, progressing regional team toward overall enrollment goals.
- Gathers previous years' data to assess successful events and methods, identify influences and feeder schools and churches, etc. Works to improve past results at various schools, events, markets, etc. as measured by RFI's, applications, admits and matriculated students annually. Explores new opportunities and markets to build the pool of prospects annually.
- Acquires internal data related to geographic region for the purpose of determining the type of follow-up required to effectively move potential student to application. Independently researches and gathers information from various resources with regard to where certain events or fairs are being held in order that the university might have a presence.
- Travels on behalf of the University to connect with prospective students, generate new leads, and cultivate relationships with student influencers. Manages recruitment itinerary to include in person meetings, college fairs, churches, high schools, alumni gatherings, ministry events, campus visit events and other events on or off campus.
- Generates and maintains excellent relationships with prospective students and their parents through the lead/inquiry, applied, and admitted stages of the admissions funnel. Keep relationships warm and engaged through deposited stage; facilitate point of hand off to Admissions Liaison for registration steps. Responds to communications sent by students and their families within 24 hours of receipt. Remains a contact to prospects, applicants and admitted students as needed.
- Serves as a team leader in modeling and accomplishing weekly team goals as well as in registration pushes. Works to cultivate new business leads through the start of each enrollment period.
- Articulates the value proposition and outcomes of the University clearly and assists students and families with questions related to living on campus, transfer articulation, scholarships and financial aid, dual enrollment, campus life and Honor Code requirements, and the educational experience offered at ORU.
- Coordinates other recruitment projects as assigned.
Requires a Bachelor's Degree. (ORU graduate preferred.)
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENT(S):
Must possess a valid driver's license and have an excellent driving record for the purpose of driving university leased vehicles and/or rental vehicles.
Must possess demonstrated ability within the department and a proven track record of success in reaching aggressive enrollment territory goals. Requires at least two years experience in sales and/or recruiting.
Must be computer literate to include: Word, Excel and Power Point. Familiarity with Banner Relationship Management systems is a plus. Bi-lingual, Spanish-speaker preferred.
- Must have excellent organizational, consultative sales, and interpersonal skills and be able to articulate information well, both verbally and in written form.
- Mastery of public speaking regarding the admissions process at ORU.
- Must have an eye for detail due to the need for accurate record keeping/recording of information that is personal, monetary, and time-sensitive related.
- Must be self-motivated and able to prioritize projects.
- Must have the ability to exercise discretionary judgment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, leadership and time management skills are a must.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality at all times regarding both student records and internally sensitive information.
- Must have the ability to work both as a team member and independently; use sound judgment regarding organizational and departmental regulations, procedures, and policies; quickly establish and maintain rapport with students, faculty, alumni, administration, and parents from varying cultural backgrounds.
- Must have the ability to prioritize multi-tasks in the midst of a fast-paced, high-demand work environment while always maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Must remain flexible with regard to external factors that may affect the work schedule. (Examples: Change in flight plans, prospective students or parents who require an immediate response, etc.)
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.