Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ALL POSITIONS UNTIL FILLED.
- Full Time
Responsible for providing clerical, administrative, and project support to the Office of Student Support Services and work closely with all students and areas of the University handling accommodations under the mandates of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) and the Americans with Disability Act (ADA) of 1990 (as amended).
- Serve as the primary point of contact for operational and constituencies, both internal and external, related to Student Support Services, often on complex and confidential issues.
- Utilize knowledge and understanding of underlying operational issues to assist in problem-solving.
- Establish and maintain organized and efficient files and records for the Office of Student Support Services; gather, enter, and update data as appropriate.
- Efficiently respond to inquiries from students, faculty, and staff by telephone or email.
- Create and edit correspondence and documents sent to the faculty stating students' accommodations.
- Work one-on-one with all departments on campus regarding students' accommodations.
- Maintain facilities to accommodate students' testing needs.
- Schedule accommodated tests throughout the semester, coordinate with faculty to obtain tests, and deliver upon completion with Graduate Students and Student Workers' assistance.
- Provide excellent one-on-one customer service to prospective and current students.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times regarding both student records and internally sensitive information.
- Assists in the coordination, control, and completion of special projects as requested.
Required - High School Diploma or equivalent. Preferred - 2 or 4-year degree
- A minimum of three (3) years experience in an administrative capacity, education, customer service, or related field.
- Must have the ability to work both as a team member and independently; use sound judgment regarding organizational and departmental regulations, procedures, and policies; quickly establish and maintain rapport with students, faculty, alumni, administration, and parents from varying backgrounds.
- Excellent computer skills to include proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 products and other technology to meet departmental needs.
- Experience with the Banner system is highly desirable.
- Must have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and articulate information well, both verbally and in written form.
- Must have an eye for detail due to the need for accurate record-keeping and recording of personal and time-sensitive information.
- Must be self-motivated, possess a strong work ethic, and be able to prioritize.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, leadership, and time management skills are a must.
- Must have the ability to prioritize multi-tasks in a fast-paced, high-demand work environment while always maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Must remain flexible concerning external factors that may affect daily activities.
- Confidentiality, discretion, and excellent customer service are of utmost importance in this position.
- Maintain strict compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS will include but not be limited to:
sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting of the upper body, and repeated reaching by extending hand(s) and/or arm(s) in any direction. Manual dexterity for operating office machines and equipment. Vision to include near/far, depth perception, and color.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.