Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ALL POSITIONS UNTIL MARCH 1, 2021.
- Full Time
Assists the Director and Associate Director Spiritual Life to coordinate with local outreach partners and assist in the training and coordination of all student engagement in preparation for all outreach teams for the ORU Missions & Outreach department.
- Serves as the primary liaison between the ORU Missions & Outreach department and the various local organizations that partner to receive student teams throughout the academic year.
- Serves as primary individual who determines the success of student staff leader selection and student member recruitment among the outreach teams. Works on behalf of the outreach student staff team to ensure success in coordinating weekly outreaches among their assigned community service contacts. Responsible to motivate student staff team to meet all assigned tasks, deadlines and goals needed to conduct weekly outreaches. Determines issues that may inhibit a student staff team from taking part in weekly assigned outreaches and works to resolve all issues. Resolves any unique issues that arise requiring additional and specialized follow-up with primary contacts (i.e. child abuse, neglect, convictions).
- Coordinate all aspects of outreach team travel arrangements. Supervise the Outreach Coordinators to work directly with location planning, team training, budgets, and itineraries. Holds appointed student Outreach Coordinators and Team Leaders accountable for their roles in obtaining and tracking required documents from team members. Provides job coaching to these positions as needed.
- Recruit, hire, train and supervise all student staff that operate as Outreach Coordinators. Provide job coaching, create and give performance reviews and inform all student staff of office procedures, delegate responsibilities and special projects within.
- Accountable to maintain all Finance documentation in preparation for the various local outreach options given to students.
- Executes and coordinates all details of large outreach events, such as Fall and Spring Outreach. Utilizes personal discretion and provides clear direction to all student staff teams to properly carry out responsibilities as assigned. Determines and strategizes site options, agenda plans, contact partnerships and student staff teams' delegated responsibilities. Resolves any issues that arise prior, day of and following any event.
- 7 Coordinates with local partners on behalf of the ORU Missions & Outreach department to ensure strategic, safe, and successful opportunities for students and contacts.
- 8 Assist with ORU Mission trip planning by coordinating with Mission Coordinators and Mission Contacts to plan for student trips. Also will assist with all document preparation for students regarding international travel (i.e. visas, passports, etc.).
- Provides spiritual leadership to all members and leaders involved in both missions and outreach at all large training and prayer services. Responsible to plan leadership retreats in coordination with the Director and Associate Director of Spiritual Life in order to provide training and direction to all Outreach and Mission student leaders.
- Report and review ministry statistics from both local outreach and mission trips, compiling summary reports of all outreach and mission trips for the annual ORU Missions Year End Report.
- Conduct debrief meetings with Missions and Outreach teams and leaders and collect relevant information for future planning alongside the Director of Spiritual Life, the Associate Director of Spiritual Life, and the Creative Operations Coordinator.
- Communicate regularly and build relationship with local outreach partners in the greater Tulsa area. Be the bridge between them and engagement with ORU.
- Assists the Director of Spiritual Life and the Associate Director of Spiritual Life with special projects, research, or other duties as required.
- The Outreach Development Coordinator of Missions and Outreach position requires Sodexo bucks that would be covered by budget as part of the job descriptions for the following: ensuring a positive experience and atmosphere at all university eating establishments, meeting and eating with student leaders and outreach contacts.
A Bachelorís degree in a related field is required.
Software: Candidates should be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel. Incumbent must be willing to learn Power Point, Access, and other programs as they pertain to assigned reporting areas.
A minimum of two to three years of related experience required to include: mission based programs, community based programs, or a combination of outreach based programs. A thorough understanding of the University is helpful. Prior experience in supervising employees, student workers or student leaders and/or volunteers in a university or similar setting, required.
Quickly establishes and maintains rapport with administration, faculty, university staff, students, national and the international community as it relates to programs in reporting departments. Works cooperatively with a variety of personalities.
Must be able to articulate thoughts well for the purpose of effectively communicating information one-on-one, and in a group setting.
Must exhibit good leadership skills and exhibit the ability to recruit, motivate, supervise and train the full-time and student staff in assigned reporting rolls.
Excellent interpersonal skills are paramount for effective communication with people from diverse backgrounds.
Has a displayed ability to be a self-starter and works well motivating direct reports.
Must have an eye for marketing with regard to promotional pieces, media, and graphic design, etc. and all other forms of communications created by student workers and coming from the two offices along with the ability to tell the story of both offices to a broad audience.
Requires good reading, oral, written, grammatical, editing, and proofreading skills.
Good bookkeeping and administrative skills required for the purpose of generating reports, budget preparation and oversight, occasional auditing of accounts, requisitions and like paperwork, etc.
Must be able to maintain organization within a busy work environment.
Must have the ability to handle the stress associated with meeting deadlines for multiple projects in assigned reporting areas while handling interruptions.
Must have the ability to exercise diplomacy when confronted with difficult questions or situations.
Must be able to exercise sound judgment regarding organizational and departmental regulations, procedures, and policies.
Maintains a professional demeanor at all times especially for the purpose of receiving and responding to inquiries, and transmitting information.
Maintains confidentiality of information that might be reflected in personnel/staff files, performance issues, financial data, applications from student workers and/or team members/leaders, etc.
Must accept and be openly supportive of the purposes and goals associated with Oral Roberts University.
Maintains compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policy and its procedures.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS will include but not be limited to: sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, twisting of upper body, and manual dexterity for operation of office machines/equipment. Vision to include: near, far, visual accommodation, color, and depth perception. Must be able to hear sound(s) clearly and distinctly in order to effectively receive, understand and reiterate information. Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds of departmental supplies.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.