University Broadcasting Inc. is an organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS UNTIL OCTOBER 1, 2020.
- University Broadcasting Inc.
To monitor and operate the Master Control center for the KGEB and GEB America broadcast facilities.
- Monitor and log the operating parameters of Television & Satellite Broadcast Transmitters and their related equipment. Verify the proper operation of tower lighting for Television Transmitter, log and report any discrepancies. Log and properly route all incoming Emergency Activation System (E.A.S.) messages and events.
- Setup Videotapes and other playback media for proper ingest to on air video servers for playback as station Air Log requires.
- Verify accuracy of details in Master Control automation input, and correct errors.
- Organize all materials for any recordings in the record schedule. Set up VTR's and Video Servers for proper recording of incoming programming.
- Verify availability of, and organize all playback materials (Videotapes, commercial inserts, etc.) necessary to accurately execute the Run Log for the shift.
- Accurately log the run times of all inserted playback materials (Commercials, Public Service Announcements, Etc.)
- Screen incoming program materials for technical quality and content. Note Time Code and segment Run Times of all materials for entry into automation.
- Enter data into automation systems for upcoming playlists and events.
- Monitor and log streaming feeds for GEB America on Roku, Apple TV, and web streaming, along with IOS and Android applications for GEB America
EDUCATION: Requires a High School diploma or GED, some college is preferred.
Prefer one year experience as a Television Master Control Operator, or in a Television Broadcast or Production facility to include on-air switching duties, recording satellite feeds, etc. Must be detailed oriented, computer literate, and able to multitask. Must also have good reading, written, mathematical, interpersonal, verbal, and organizational skills. Ability to perform simultaneously routine and varying tasks/demands in office with occasional customer and client contact. Must be able to work under stressful situations and timely meet deadlines. Confidentiality of information must be maintained.
Experience should also include hands-on experience with the following equipment: Master Control and Routing switchers; DVCAM, DVD, Beta SP videotape decks; Broadcast Satellite antennas and receivers; Waveform Monitors & Vectorscopes; assorted video & audio monitors; various computers operating on DOS, Windows, and Macintosh platforms.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS will include but not be limited to: sitting, standing, walking, kneeling, crouching, stooping, squatting, twisting of upper body, climbing hand-over-hand, and manual dexterity for operations of equipment/machines. Vision to include: near, depth, visual accommodation, color, and field of vision. Occasional exposure to: mechanical and electrical hazards; fumes and odors associated with chemicals from cleaning solvents; dust and mites; and radiation hazards associated with working with satellite uplink dish.
HOURS OF WORK & ATTENDANCE
Normal work hours are to determined by the department Manager and include weekend, evening, holidays, and night time hours. Regardless of weather, attendance is required.
Reports for scheduled work shift(s) in a dependable and timely fashion in order to assure the smooth operation of the work unit and to minimize the interruption or delay of regular work output for the department. Has no (or very rare) unscheduled absences, occurrences of tardiness, or requests to leave early.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.