Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ALL POSITIONS UNTIL MARCH 1, 2020.
- Full Time
Coordinates flow of office functions and provides secretarial support for Registrar. Central reference channel for direction and information from Registrar. Handles a variety of commencement-related duties.
- Assists students with schedule adjustments and re-enrollment. Processes Name/Address changes, Recorded Course Withdrawal forms, Change of Grade requests, requests for changing a course from credit to audit or pass/no pass grade mode, Change of Major/Concentration & Minor forms and Petitions for Policy Exception.
- Provides secretarial support for the Registrar including scheduling of appointments. Provides Registrar with a printed copy of schedule on a daily basis. Prepares agenda for and takes minutes at office staff meetings.
- Greets callers and visitors to the office. Obtains information in reference to the nature of the call of visit and if they could be of assistance or who on staff could most effectively and efficiently service the individual.
- Serves as liaison between Registrar's office and internal constituents including academic department secretaries, faculty, administration and staff.
- Reviews and replies to department e-mail account and forwards to appropriate staff member when necessary.
- Coordinates mailing of diplomas including recording in Banner database the mailing date and receipt for delivery.
- Coordinates the ordering and preparation of all materials related to graduation including but not limited to: diploma paper stock, diploma covers, name calling cards, honor cords, honors designation seals and diploma mailers.
- Maintains and approvals Kronos system as it pertains to student assistants.
- Assists in the planning and carrying out of annual spring graduation fair, Commencement rehearsal and Commencement.
- Assists Registrar with preparation and mailing of academic probation and suspension letters and HPE deficiency letters.
- Maintains MS Excel log of in-house charges (postage, business center) incurred by department.
- Orders office supplies through Finance system.
- Completes other tasks as assigned.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED required.
Three to five years secretarial or general clerical experience required and accurate keyboarding skills. One year experience in ORU setting preferred. Proficiency in MS Office required. Position requires excellent data entry skills; critical thinking; strong oral, written, spelling, grammar, and proofing skills; communication and organizational skills;, ability to multi-task while meeting deadlines; and strong interpersonal skills. Ability to write typical business correspondence in a professional manner is a must. Ability to operate efficiently in a high stress environment. Prefer experience with training clerical personnel in the area of general office practices, and experience with use of Banner.
Must maintain a high level of confidentiality of information.
Maintains compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policy and its' procedures.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS will include but not be limited to: Sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, reaching, repetitive motion, twisting of upper body, manual dexterity for operation of office machines and the ability to climb stairs. Occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs of office/commencement supplies. Requires good visual and auditory skills and the ability to speak clearly.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.