Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ALL POSITIONS UNTIL FILLED.
- Full Time
The Event Coordinator is the designated, facility representative for the Mabee Center in dealing with the lessee and their event. Performs administrative functions in relation to the preparation and execution of events held at the ORU Mabee Center. Coordinates information between other departments, the client, and auxiliary support services.
- Communication with Lessee. Determine event needs; i.e. security, ushers, catering, insurance, staging requirements, electrical requirements, equipment rental, rigging requirements, box office needs, audio requirements, lighting requirements, types of promotion, number of stagehands and technicians. Determine personnel and rental costs to verify invoices presented. Receives cash or credit card information for merchandise fees and taxes. On occasion drives company vehicles for execution tasks.
- Check patrons safety and comfort. Enforce fire regulations and University policies, as well as specific building policies.
- Prepare briefing materials to be distributed to the area supervisors. Communicate with staff and temporary staff - supervising event requirements are completed.
- Dealing with problems. Lessee problems, building problems, patron problems, etc. Sometimes needing supervision. Prepare event reports detailing event outcome and highlight any occurrence that needs attentions.
- Ensure set-up is going smoothly and outside agents are following building policies and codes.
- Observing event. Supervise all building personnel and direct all building operations during the preparation and execution of an event. Being pro-active in looking for potential issues and problems. Being visible for patrons, and staff.
- Prepare event cost sheets following an event and submit to the Building Manager. Receives payments from Lesee.
- Pre-planning for upcoming events.
EDUCATION: Requires a Bachelors degree in related field.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENT(S): Must possess a valid Oklahoma drivers license and have an excellent driving record for the purpose of occasional driving University vehicle.
- Requires two years coordination experience to include dealing with the public and outside agencies. Prefer some supervisory experience. Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, reading, written, mathematical, and conflict resolution skills. Must have ability to handle stress and prioritize multi-tasks in an office with high customer/client traffic and calls. Must self motivated be able to handle multi-tasks and demands, make on-the-spot decisions, and be flexible to changes. Computer experience must include Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality of information at all times.
- Maintains compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policy and its procedures.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS will include but not be limited to: sitting, walking, standing, manual dexterity for operation of office equipment, light lifting up to 25 lbs., and good hearing and vision. Vision to include near, far and color. Minimal ladder climbing, frequent exposure to high noise environment, and occasional exposure to electrical hazards, machinery and/or vehicles, slippery or uneven work surfaces.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.