Oral Roberts University Encourages Students to Reflect During Constitution Day
Constitution Day, also known as Citizenship Day, is an American federal observance that recognizes the ratification of the United States Constitution and celebrates the freedoms we enjoy as U.S. citizens. It is observed on September 17th, the day that thirty-nine brave men change the course of history by signing the U.S. Constitution in 1787. Today, September 17, 2018, is the 231st anniversary of this historic event. We encourage you to take a moment to reflect upon these foundational documents of truth and freedom and to thank God for the privilege of living in a free country.
Declaration of Independence
Bill of Rights Transcript
Constitution of the United States
Additional Constitution Day Resources
- The Department’s Federal Resources for Excellence in Education (FREE) offers more than 25 resources from various federal agencies at: https://www2.ed.gov/free/features/constitution-day.html
- The National Archives web site provides Constitution Day activities and materials at: http://www.archives.gov/education/lessons/constitution-day/ and http://www.archives.gov/education/lessons/constitution-workshop/
- The Library of Congress American Memory site provides numerous resources on the Constitution. These two links provide access: http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/amlaw/lawhome.html and http://thomas.loc.gov/teachers/constitution.html
- The National Endowment for the Humanities provides content on the Constitution through the EDSITEMENT web site: http://edsitement.neh.gov/constitution-day
- The U.S. Senate has posted material from the Legislative Branch: http://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/history/common/generic/ConstitutionDay.htm
- We also encourage you to access information about the Constitution on the National History Education Clearinghouse (NHEC) site at www.teachinghistory.org. The NHEC is funded by the U.S. Department of Education under contract no. ED-07-CO-0088. The NHEC homepage features special, highlighted information on teaching resources for Constitution Day.