You're nearing graduation, and it's time to start looking for a job. The process can be overwhelming, but we are here to help! Before you begin, review our suggested Job Search Strategies to stay on track and stay focused.
Narrow it Down
- MyPlan.com – You're about to finish your degree, but you don't know what kind of jobs are out there for you. Search job titles by academic degree.
- JobShadow – You've found jobs that fit your degree, but which ones should you pursue? Read real interviews with people about their careers.
- US Department of Labor – You've found some jobs you're interested in, but you'd like to review the job market for these positions.
- Golden Hire Network- You've narrowed your search down and know what you're looking for! Log on to the Golden Hire Network to search for jobs posted specifically for ORU students and alumni.
Top Job Search Sites
- LinkedIn - Largest professional social networking site
- Indeed - Job search engine with information from job boards, news sites and company listings
- SimplyHired - Job search engine that provides a quick way to survey through numerous job listings
- Monster - Includes job listings in 50 countries in the Americas, Europe and Asia
- Glassdoor - Salary information, employee company reviews and interview expectations
- Idealist - Employment board for nonprofit jobs and volunteer opportunities
- Internships.com - World's largest internship marketplace
- USAJobs - Official site for federal jobs and employment information
- The Wall Street Journal career site - Free content aimed at job seekers and those looking to advance their careers
- Liquid Compass - Every hospital nursing job in one place.
- ZipRecruiter - Algorithmic job matching site with an emphasis on helping college students find meaningful jobs.
To schedule a one-on-one job search appointment with our Career Advisor, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.